Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I need your opinion on a tattoo I may get this Friday. It's obviously a rose. From my view it would be upside down (image on left). You can see the size relation a little with my wrist.

The rose is obviously all black, but with purple accents. I was having a problem with the stem so curved it a little since my first name starts with a "J".

Please let me know what you think good or bad. I really want a black rose, that's not the question, it's more of do you think it looks good, should I add anything. Constructive criticism very welcome and yes I drew this myself.

·
The Cloven Bunny
2,965 Posts
Coolness! :D Can't wait to see a pic when it is done.

Maybe the stem could be a tad longer?? I don't know. Just my opinion, of course. It looks great the way it is though. :) You KNOW I am a fan of your work. Frankie hangs in my bedroom. ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
I always tell my kids...you won't be able to be buried in a Jewish cemetary..
Now think...you met the man of your dreams...he's a dentist and loves you and just CAN'T marry you because he has' his and hers' graveplots already figured out and just can't BARE to be away from you in eternity.
Blood donation is also held up for months...one of the reasons why I have never done it...especially right before a long weekend when I usually give. I'm B+ reasonably rare...by the way...most folks don't even KNOW their blood type...
Okay...you're doing it anyway, right?
Nice design. the 'j' detail is nice...make it a 'j' your way...you might want some detail on the rose...a bit of shade or lighter tone, but I can see you getting away with the basic design as it is.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Now think...you met the man of your dreams...he's a dentist and loves you and just CAN'T marry you because he has' his and hers' graveplots already figured out and just can't BARE to be away from you in eternity.
What ever happened to the "Til death do us part"? I thought this was a LIFE long commitment..... not an eternity! :eek: :D LOL

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all!

brandy :D Mine hangs in my hallway. I also agree with you about the stem, gonna talk to my tattoo guy about that, I work with him during the day so that helps. Maybe curve it higher? I don't want it taking up too much space on my wrist, want it fairly small.

Haunt I remember we both got our first tattoos not to far apart from each other :)

Dont do it, you will regret it when you get old.
I like it, its a nice design :)
Wristslitter are you OK? LOL
I'm sensing sarcasm from wristslitter, there's a tattoo conversation from another thread that's ringing a bell.

Blood donation is also held up for months...one of the reasons why I have never done it...especially right before a long weekend when I usually give. I'm B+ reasonably rare...by the way...most folks don't even KNOW their blood type...
Okay...you're doing it anyway, right?
Nice design. the 'j' detail is nice...make it a 'j' your way...you might want some detail on the rose...a bit of shade or lighter tone, but I can see you getting away with the basic design as it is.
Sorry to spoil your lovely post, I already have a tattoo, so the Jewish cemetery was a no go about 4 years ago. I know it's a great thing to donate blood, just haven't. I have iron issues at the moment so can't donate anyways. So all that being said signs point to getting another tat. Also, the pic is pretty crappy. Took it with my phone. There is a good amount of detail, can't see that there is more purple highlights. The whole thing is outlined in black (each petal too) and then I'm going to have it shaded in a lighter black.

Here's my other tattoo:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Here are some thoughts.

First off, I have a few tats and one of them is across my chest, stomach and down my right leg. Yes, that is just one. Remember, color bleeds! If the tat isn't protected from the sun and water it will loose color. What little of the purple you have in the rose will be gone and it will be just black. Every time you recolor it hurts more because, you are going over old scar tissue. You might want to try doing the outline and then doing a lot of shading around the edges to give it a black look without filling it all in.
Don't get me wrong, I love the look but, I think the black is going to blend in with the purple. Also, you really can't go back and lighten black. U also can't go and put purple over black and hope it is purple.
I like it that you created your own. I've seen so many store tats. Just not original.
As for being buried...who says you are going to die? lol Just tell the person, not to worry about the tat, you are having your skin removed and mounted on a museum wall and then it should be just fine to be buried next to them. lol

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
To terribly me to do a tattoo, guys... If itself earned it is that probably would not be afraid. And so - I am afraid. Suddenly needles "dirty"? Or a paint poor-quality? Terribly.

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Growler - thanks for the advice. I'll probably have a light black fading into the purple. I know color fades I do have the one on my ankle that has stayed pretty well and that's orange. I'll see what my tattoo guy says, if he says the same thing as you maybe I'll avoid the purple and stick to just a black rose with my skin being the highlights of it.

Thank you also on the compliment of designing my own tattoo. I did the pumpkin as well. My tattoo guy refuses to help me draw it because I can. He tells me I have to draw it so I make it perfect. I typically do portraits and he wishes I wanted to get into tattooing so I could work with him. I told him I use pencil for one reason...I can erase and fix.

wrist - I knew you were :)

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, plans may be changing....I think I may get the rose on my ankle instead. I drew the rose on my wrist and wasn't too sure, so to me that's a no. Then I started sketching other stuff and sketched a skull and crossbone with fangs. I love skulls and vampires so I like it a lot. Since that is smaller, I really like that for my wrist since it could easily be hidden with a watch or the right bracelet.

My tattoo guy is going to make some good money on Friday. There's 3 of us getting tats done by him on Friday. I may have him touch up my pumpkin to, I'll see what he says.

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Terra why'd you do that to me? LOL That's really cool. I do know for sure I want a black rose and that may blend too much with that design. But man that's cool.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
i have quite a few tattoos and the ones that people notice more than any other are the ones on my wrists. If you have any concerns about not wanting people to see them then I would avoid that area entirely. With that being said, I've never had a problem with anyone being shitty to me because of any of my tattoos, even in a professional setting (I work at the University in a lab).

I say go for it. I say color it purple and don't worry about it coming out. I say keep getting tattooed even though they'll probably look like crap when you're old...it's sort of a roadmap of your life.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts