Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know I didn't search so forgive me :D

I need GOOD halloween decor food for a dish I need to bring to a halloween party.

A hot dish, sounds good.

Any thoughts?????

-PB

·
Registered
237 Posts
There is one on here that is a sandwich made of a long bread and they cut it to look like ribs of a skeleton. Not sure of the name but if you google skeleton sandwich it will come up in the searches as well as images. :+)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Found it...

Spicy Skeleton Ribs

4 cups diced cooked chicken breast
1-1/4 cups of water
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 tablespoons each paprika and lime juice
1-1/2 teaspoons each onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, and dried oregano.
1 teaspoon each salt, dried thyme, celery seed, pepper and cayenne pepper
1 bay leaf
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon grated lime peel
2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated crusty French loaf
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterrey Jack cheese

1) In large saucepan combine the chicken, water, tomato paste, paprika, lime juice and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf.

2) Combine cream cheese and lime peel. On a large piece of foil, roll one tube of bread dough into a 14 in x 10 in rectangle. Spread with half of cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 in of edges; sprinkle with half of the chicken mixture and shredded cheese.

3) Starting with a long side and using foil, fold into thirds. Form a 14 in x 4 in loaf with a seam along one side. Pinch edges to seal. Transfer to a baking dish. Repeat. Bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.

4) Remove to wire racks. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 1 in slices. Arrange on a large serving platter to resemble ribs with a plastic skull if desired.

Taste of Homes Halloween Party Ideas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts