Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I'm new to this great forum so forgive me if this prop question has been covered before.

I'm rerouting my haunted yard walk this year and would like to shield a few of the scenes from the road as trick or treators approach my house. The NEW walking route will go up my front stairs , into my backyard then back to the driveway and out. Actors are at numerous scenes so I need a lot of shielding so each effect is a new surprise. If people can see what is going on, especially AT my front door, the surprise my mad scientist has in store for them will be lost by just watching from the road. I plan on driving some 6 foot stakes into the lawn and then attaching some plastic blocking screens upwards of 40 feet long in sections. Last year I used old sheets, drop cloths and some store bought stuff that had trees printed on them. The wind caught some of the stuff and it didn't look that great at times. Think there must be a cheeper and BETTER product out there though that I'm just not finding that'll do the trick. Anyone know of anything that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

·
Ubzest
1,249 Posts
a row of corn stalks tied to a post or rebar and stuck in the ground makes a good visual block. if you use plastic or tarps, you can cut slits in it to let some of the wind go thru, so you don t end up with a big kite! What we did was place a stragicialy placed piece of plywood that was cut out to look like a crypt on an angle so people couldn't see into our torture chamber. You can see our 'POE" crypt in a picture in my album, from the street it hid the view behind our fake castle walls.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a row of corn stalks tied to a post or rebar and stuck in the ground makes a good visual block. if you use plastic or tarps, you can cut slits in it to let some of the wind go thru, so you don t end up with a big kite! What we did was place a stragicialy placed piece of plywood that was cut out to look like a crypt on an angle so people couldn't see into our torture chamber. You can see our 'POE" crypt in a picture in my album, from the street it hid the view behind our fake castle walls.
Thanks Halloweenbarb . I never considered corn stalks for a "BLOCKING" device. Not only would it look cool-- it would filter the wind. A few large sheets of plywood would also be cool in selected locations. I'm an artist and could simply paint on a quick scene that works with the area I need it. I didn't see your crypt photo though. Gotta go back and look at your photos more. What I did see was COOL.

Jalsing... thanks for the suggestion on usplastics. I'll check em out and it the price is right-- order today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts