Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is my Target the only one who has next to nothing?? Lasy year they had several spooky tress, arches, spirit balls, light up pumpkins, tombstones, skellies....This year hardley anything. Maybe 10 light up pumpkins, one stand up skeleton guy, one tree, one arch. Two rows of decor....very litte of it animated and some costumes. Anyone else find that their target has next to nothing??

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
What part of Indiana are you in? I noticed the one in Columbus has several different items BUT only one or two on the shelf of each. Is this common and they refill as needed? It DID look sparse to me and maybe they do it that way to keep kids from wrecking the things.

·
The Evil Spectre
1,220 Posts
Our target has the whole back corner of the store dedicated to Halloween...3 big aisles and a huge center display with various size lighted pumpkins and party decorations...that's where I got my fogger and black light this year!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Our Target is pretty dull. I found some mini-strobe lights for $2.50, got 7 of them and only 3 work. Not suprised for the price. Other than that, nothing. I had more luck at the Dollar Tree with those great labels and lots of bags with bugs.

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Our target has the whole back corner of the store dedicated to Halloween...3 big aisles and a huge center display with various size lighted pumpkins and party decorations...that's where I got my fogger and black light this year!
Same here, been to 4 Targets all fully stocked. Cross the border Michael to IL and see if you can find a close target, unless you're closer to OH, try there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My closest Target is 2 hours away in Clarksville tennessee and they have nothing. Neither does Wal Mart,Lowes or Home Depot. I was told by the manager at target and Wal Mart that all large items and inflatables would only be carried on line from now on due to it being a pain in the butt to set up a display, yet they will probably set Christmas displays. How fair is that. I work nights and 60 hours a week and inflatables are sometimes the only things I have time to put out and you cannot find anything. Sorry about the rant.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My Target used to have great stuff...now hardly anything.
I actually overheard some employees the other day I was there actually say they were glad because they were tired of all the kids.

·
Registered
204 Posts
In central Virginia, we have about four-five aisles of stuff!
And only a half of christmas items.

We have about two aisles FILLED with all sorts of candy, then theres
an aisle with costumes and then we have BIIG displays of animated stuff.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I thought the Targets had a good selection this year. They had some really nice glass serving bowls and plates, melamine plastic plates, bowls and cups and good props. I got the Gemmy bleeding tombstone. I wanted the mailbox with the skelly hand that comes out and the gargoyle that comes out of the crypt. A few of the heavy tombstones were really nice and I'd like to get the day after. They had pjs and picture frames too! There are a ton of Targets around Austin, so I have had my pick.
Walmart on the other hand.... boring!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in the LA area and found the same thing. Last year, they had at least 4 isles and one display dedicated to props and extra stuff. This year 2 isles. They still have plenty of costumes for kids though and alot of candy.

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm in Indianapolis....I am going to check another one or two tomorrow. There was hardly anthing....wal mart the same! The best place I have found Props at very good prices is HALLOWEEN USA! Target and wal mart have been very disappointing! Im also going to check menards and big lots.

·
Registered
53 Posts
poor selection in stores

I was noticing that the Halloween selection in most of the big chain stores is not that great this year. Target had a few things but nothing like last year's selection. (darn, I should have bought that arbor.) Wal-mart & Kmart's selections are puny compared to last year also. I'm wondering if low buyer turnout last year caused them to order less stuff this year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts