Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I'm an avid Target shopper,and have loved their Halloween campaigns through the years (some MUCH more than others.) Like most of you, I'm sure, I long for the days when Target seemed to be leading the pack in terms of their Halloween merchandise-- but it doesn't stop me from stalking Target to see what their new sets/themes are each year. Because I'm also into some of their "characters" they post along with their general Halloween merchandise--- I've collected some of the different marketing campaigns Target has hosted through the years.

2003--- Charles Scott Anderson- Vintage Halloween
Halloween 2003 2.jpg
halloween 2003 4.jpg
halloween 2003 3.jpg

Then, I scoured the interwebs for 2004 and 2005, but to no avail :(

2006- Central Scare
Halloween 2006 1.jpg
halloween 2006 2.jpg
halloween 2006 3.jpg

2007- Edgar and Ellen
halloween 2007 3.jpg
halloween 2007 2.jpg

2008- Domo
halloween 2008 1.jpg
halloween 2008 2.jpg
halloween 2008 3.jpg
halloween 2008 4.jpg
halloween 2008 5.jpg

2009- Monsters
halloween 2009 1.jpg
halloween 2009 2.jpg

2010- Glitzy Glitter
halloween 2010 1.jpg
halloween 2010 2.jpg

2011- Chills/Thrills/Deals
halloween 2011 1.jpg
halloween 2011 2.jpg
halloween 2011 3.jpg

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Wow Lukewa what a blast from the past! I can remember some of them. Thanks for posting. There were years when the resin tombstones and busts were getting smaller and smaller but I have to say at least last year they had some nice large ones (thinking of the pirate themed one). I hope they have the same buyer again this year for halloween.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow Lukewa what a blast from the past! I can remember some of them. Thanks for posting. There were years when the resin tombstones and busts were getting smaller and smaller but I have to say at least last year they had some nice large ones (thinking of the pirate themed one). I hope they have the same buyer again this year for halloween.
I really liked the tombstones last year-- I bought the octopus one because it was so flippin awesome!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,913 Posts
I've tried to snag some of their marketing posters/displays every year, and I'm always too late - they do sometimes give them away the day after Halloween, but they seem to be spoken for as soon as they go up. :(

Love seeing all of these - but I would dearly love the vintage stuff from 2003 - that is especially AWESOME artwork! :cool:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I like alot of their campaigns, one year (I believe 2005 OR 2009, not sure which one) Target carried some neat figurines of Halloween characters (not sure if they were part of the campaign that year or not but they had a neat look)- a witch, a vampire, frankenstein etc. I remember thinking about buying them at their after season sale but I passed and sadly, I have yet to come across them. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about? lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like alot of their campaigns, one year (I believe 2005 OR 2009, not sure which one) Target carried some neat figurines of Halloween characters (not sure if they were part of the campaign that year or not but they had a neat look)- a witch, a vampire, frankenstein etc. I remember thinking about buying them at their after season sale but I passed and sadly, I have yet to come across them. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about? lol
I've thought about that too. I used to pass because I thought I could get it at the end of the season, or I thought just didn't need it, and then those are a few of the things I regret not buying. I rarely see them pop up on ebay and kick myself over not getting them!

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I have the vampire countdown calendar from 2012. The numbers were lost in a move, but I can always make more, even if they don't look the same. I must have missed the 2003 display, I love it! I really hope that they start carrying good stuff again. They are my biggest disappointment, because it used to be the go-to place for my style of items.

2008 was one of my favorite years for Target. I bought a talking bust that is motion sensitive. My ex husband took it, and a bunch of other goodies out of my packing boxes when we divorced. I lost a LOT of Halloween things that year. I finally found the bust on eBay (or perhaps someone here found it for me?), and I replaced it. I don't know that I'll ever find the black metal cut-out haunted houses that I bought that year, though. I also wish that they'd carry bubble foggers again. They are just so expensive elsewhere!

·
Registered
106 Posts
The spider is back again this year, but the sign does look a little different. I can confirm this, I saw it up at a store and was sorta bummed there wasn't something new this year.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I love this! I hate being "that person" but i wanted you to know that the 2012 is actually 2005. One of my most favorites!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,610 Posts
OH how I wish I could've gotten all of that 2003 vintagey stuff but I'm happy I got what I did. I got the giant masks of the firefighter, the princess & the cat (I think).

I have that little green vampire in ceramic from 2005 too. I also have another vampire that's pretty good sized, cardboard, he's blue & I'm pretty sure he's from Target but not positive.

I think that year with all the Domo stuff was kinda lame. Domo is the one that looks like, well, a brick of poo. It was a current trend for the time but still not as cool as the vintage stuff or any of the others.

I think they do well each year but the signage & displays have gotten less elaborate. Now Halloween is just a place holder for Christmas so they don't go as elaborate as they used to.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
@Lukewa thanks so much for posting these! So many I barely remember cause the kiddos were small and Halloween items weren’t exactly in the budget.

You have to give Target credit where credit is due. They truly have tried to bring a curated collection approach and gotten unique sets. I don’t know who at Target handles holiday but I’m glad they put a little extra love and creativity into Halloween.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts