Halloween Forum banner

161 - 180 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I popped by the closest Target yesterday, and still just school stuff. I'm okay with this. There's still plenty of time for them to get their Halloween up. I was somewhat underwhelmed by the selection last year, anyway.

·
Registered
839 Posts
They removed the school supplies from my closest Target over a week ago and the shelves have been bare ever since. They seem to be in no hurry to start putting out the Halloween stuff. They did however have 3-4 pop up shelves at the front of the store stocked with a few Halloween pieces. Not really stocked; more like an item or two there to serve as a placeholder.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My local store had 1 employee stocking the shelves in the seasonal section!!! He was very nice and told me to check back again tomorrow for a better selection. All items were in the back and they would have everything out soon. Woo hoo!

They had 2 skeleton lanterns out. I was hoping it would be better. I really do like the design (reminds me of Dave Lowe) but it will require some modifications IMHO. Attached some photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well Sis gave the other store we called on Labor Day some time & went out there since the Skeleton Lantern showed "in store" & they lied again. Nothing out. She complained to the Manager to no avail. She told her that she wasn't mad about it not being out but being told stuff is out when she calls the store. 2 down; 3 strikes. As the other stores; the cheap bins have stuff & since the LED Neon figures are 2 toned this year, she grabbed the pumpkin we passed on before.

I went by the same one we went to on Labor Day & still school stuff. School here has been in for 3 weeks already. Hardly nothing left in the front bins; 1 lone tombstone & no LED neon.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I went to Target today hoping to see some stuff but other than the dollar bins up front, nada. There's always next week...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Called my local one yesterday and was told next Saturday they'd have stuff out. Really does not work with my plans...I was going to go on the 10th because that's the only day where I won't be totally busy...I think...idk it's impossible to plan things right now, life is just super damn hectic.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There was nothing out at my store last weekend, so I am trying again today. The Bullseye's Playground was still full of back to school and some random decor pieces. No Fall or Halloween. They did have clearance signs on all of the bins though, so hopefully soon. I am really wanting to see the Ghoulish Garden pieces, & I want to get my hands on the Foolish Mortals sign and a Ouija tray.

·
Registered
888 Posts
My local store says online items are in stock but the entire seasonal area was nothing but notebooks. Clearly Target is in no rush. Think it’s a ploy to create need and you gotta buy it now now now?

·
Registered
29 Posts
My local store says online items are in stock but the entire seasonal area was nothing but notebooks. Clearly Target is in no rush. Think it’s a ploy to create need and you gotta buy it now now now?
I wouldn't doubt it a bit. Ours looks the same. Notebooks & a few backpacks where the seasonal stuff usually is. I could barely even find any Fall decor. It's frustrating because saying things are in stock is so misleading, & it's a waste of people's time to go and find nothing out. I've found that our local Target has really been going downhill over the past few years. Empty shelves & bins, messy departments, & no one seems to care. Really unfortunate. I hope your store gets their stuff out soon & you find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I wouldn't doubt it a bit. Ours looks the same. Notebooks & a few backpacks where the seasonal stuff usually is. I could barely even find any Fall decor. It's frustrating because saying things are in stock is so misleading, & it's a waste of people's time to go and find nothing out. I've found that our local Target has really been going downhill over the past few years. Empty shelves & bins, messy departments, & no one seems to care. Really unfortunate. I hope your store gets their stuff out soon & you find what you're looking for.
Likewise! To be completely honest, my buying tends to become a lot less motivated when retailers don’t seem cooperative.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Likewise! To be completely honest, my buying tends to become a lot less motivated when retailers don’t seem cooperative.
Thank you! I totally agree. I'm the same way. There is a TJ Maxx in the same strip as our Target, so I've gone there instead. I have been so pleasantly surprised by their stock! I hadn't really gone there much, but I saw so many cool things on the forums that I thought it would be cool to check them out. Glad I did! I'll try Target a few more times, but I'm tired of the way ours has been so sub par.

·
Registered
476 Posts
They've put select items on sale until midnight tonight; another larger set of items are eligible for their $10 off $50 promotion they have going. Picked up the moving monument distortions prop as it was at a competitive price, and Target offers free shipping. You can find this for less, but you have to pay for shipping. It still kind of amazes me that Target carries a few distortions props every year. Hoping to price match with my cc if they're still in stock and go 50% off after the holiday.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Sis called me around noon today & said she got an email about Halloween stock. She called our closest one &
However, at the store we went to, they did have a little bit in those cheap front bins & was thrilled to find the Neon Bat Light that I missed out on last year. Also bought the Witch Hat that was previously posted but post pix of it lit since they are two-toned this year. There was also a Pumpkin but bought the one last year but if they are two-toned, might have to go back & get another. Can also use them for Thanksgiving.
View attachment 718526
Of the neons, my store only had one witch hat and three candy-shaped lights (one was missing its battery cover). Hope they get more of these in stock! A bat and pumpkin would be cool! They don't even show online.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Stopped at target yesterday, they had a lot of the decorations already posted. I saw some cute women's pajamas and I bought this gingerbread house and graveyard.

161 - 180 of 230 Posts
About this Discussion
229 Replies
73 Participants
disembodiedvoice
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing