Halloween Forum banner

141 - 160 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
So maybe using the shipping dates online for some of this stuff isn't a good measure of when Target will have stuff out on shelves? I'm planning my trip to be on the 10th of Sept. Our Target is in the mall so I want to use that day to hit up several other stores for Halloween/Fall items as well. I just wonder if Target will be ready.

Also those Harry Potter mugs looked so cute...except for the flaw!

·
Typing Away
3,448 Posts
Astor it depends on when school starts in your area. Here schools start after Labor day so they have the schools stuff out to the middle of September then start putting out Halloween stuff. The sooner it starts in your area the sooner it will be in the stores. Halloween stuff does not show up till the end of the month.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Astor it depends on when school starts in your area. Here schools start after Labor day so they have the schools stuff out to the middle of September then start putting out Halloween stuff. The sooner it starts in your area the sooner it will be in the stores.
I don't know about that. School here started 3 weeks ago and the back to school stuff is still everywhere.

·
Registered
385 Posts
They have the same urn that Grandinroad had a few years back (I have it). I paid $34 for mine but that was 7 years ago when their prices weren't as exorbitant as they currently are. It is pretty cool, too, although I haven't put mine out in a couple years!

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Had to drive 45 minutes away to see all the Halloween merchandise. I will say most of what has been posted on this site and purchased was the best stuff. Sometimes seeing those items in person really changes your perspective.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Had to drive 45 minutes away to see all the Halloween merchandise. I will say most of what has been posted on this site and purchased was the best stuff. Sometimes seeing those items in person really changes your perspective.
Do you have an opinion on the Ghoulish Garden items? I'm thinking cutesy, but maybe could be finished off a little differently -- new label, darken up the cute smiling pumpkin face on base, etc...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Do you have an opinion on the Ghoulish Garden items? I'm thinking cutesy, but maybe could be finished off a little differently -- new label, darken up the cute smiling pumpkin face on base, etc...
I thought the ones in the terrariums were cute. Loved the poppies. The only one that didn’t really do it for me was the Venus fly traps and that was only cause they kept saying “candy” or whatever. The thing I liked most about this collection was how bright and colorful it was. Most Halloween stuff can sometimes be a little washed out or super dark color wise. These were not.

I think you could darken them up but not sure you’d want to. They are definitely more cute than horrific. Still nice though.

·
Registered
232 Posts
There is currently a promotion offering a $10 discount on $50 purchases of Halloween items. Online only, but some of the goodies that were recently unavailable are back in stock, at least.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Which one had stuff out if I may ask?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sis called me around noon today & said she got an email about Halloween stock. She called our closest one & they told her they had 75% of it out so I rushed to take a shower & get out the door to find out we were lied to. A young clerk tried to find that skeleton lantern that previously showed sold out. Ended up back on sight & said "in store". Young clerk tried to find it but said their store room was full & would probably not be on floor until the 15th since they were a "late display store" or some other words of that nature. She called the other store who also showed it "in store" & they said only had the "cheap bin" stuff out & the other would probably be a week or so. At least they didn't lie.

However, at the store we went to, they did have a little bit in those cheap front bins & was thrilled to find the Neon Bat Light that I missed out on last year. Also bought the Witch Hat that was previously posted but post pix of it lit since they are two-toned this year. There was also a Pumpkin but bought the one last year but if they are two-toned, might have to go back & get another. Can also use them for Thanksgiving.
IMG_1899.JPG

Also found some note pads in the cheap bins:
IMG_1898.JPG

·
Registered
280 Posts
Bought these nice little resin tombstones today at Taget. They have a good weight to them & cute carvings. $1.00 a piece. They fit perfectly with this haunted Dollhouse
Oh I need those for my ceramic haunted house! They look perfect size. I can't get to Target until Friday so I hope they have all this stuff!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Oh damn I want those neon lights. I managed to get the pumpkin last year but that was it. I really wanted the whole set! Those tombstones look good but idk what I'd use them for...

141 - 160 of 229 Posts
About this Discussion
228 Replies
73 Participants
Illysium
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing