Halloween Forum banner

301 - 320 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I noticed that too. Found one of the $15 venus fly traps today in Asheville NC, I was so surprised and grabbed that sucker. First one I've seen in store. I was hoping it meant they were showing up again but I guess not.
Maybe I will check once more just in case there was a restock or a few left behind but I am pretty crushed. Especially because my store only got one or two of each. I don't remember the themed items from target being so rare in years past.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I noticed some folks complaining in the reviews about the limited stock. I'd recommend to write to Target customer service to complain in an attempt to get them to up their stock next year. Resellers are definitely part of the problem but Christmas stuff is also picked up by them and there still seems to be stock left in the stores. I have 3 Targets in my area and never even saw any of the flower items besides the dancing fly traps in the jack o lantern.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Personally I don’t think resellers are the problem. They have definitely caused problems, sure, but the issue started with Target promoting the s*** out of this line of merchandise and then not being able to fulfill the demand. Of course then the resellers came in to take advantage of the situation, but I don’t think they caused it. This is all on Target.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This year has just been weird with all Halloween things...food and decor and not just at Target. Not sure what's going on...
I agree! I feel like they should be fully stocked at Target but aren't that it looks like A they sold out or B they never stocked it. I saw the venus flytrap animatronic at a Target in Portland while traveling I wish I bought it but there was no room in my luggage for that. I can't even order it online.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Personally I don’t think resellers are the problem. They have definitely caused problems, sure, but the issue started with Target promoting the s*** out of this line of merchandise and then not being able to fulfill the demand. Of course then the resellers came in to take advantage of the situation, but I don’t think they caused it. This is all on Target.
Exactly it went viral long before October!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yep, I went by there again today. The place is a dead zone. Target definitely dropped the ball this time.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Found the Eek and Boo Garland by complete surprise and never saw another one.
Did anyone else buy it? Target is so darn frustrating this year ☠☠
Yes found several that i got for my daughter n myself. The 4 dollar pumpkin only saw one of. They never got stocked this season in any of the stores i multiply hit. I think were seeing the politics with china effecting all this in all the stores.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yes found several that i got for my daughter n myself. The 4 dollar pumpkin only saw one of. They never got stocked this season in any of the stores i multiply hit. I think were seeing the politics with china effecting all this in all the stores.
Was thinking about the Tariffs that were imposed on China all year and how it would affect Halloween. Many of the items are: small gears, internal mechanisms, bolts, sockets,etc.
It will be worse next year.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm pretty sure Halloween stock was this sparse last year (at least in my area), people just didn't notice it as much since none of the products were highly sought after like the garden line. People who couldn't find the collectible birds were able to order them online at least. This year was even more abysmal.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I agree that it is all on Target. I think they were trying to get out of Halloween cheap by making sure they wouldn't have much stock left over that they would have to discount. Tariffs have nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm pretty sure Halloween stock was this sparse last year (at least in my area), people just didn't notice it as much since none of the products were highly sought after like the garden line. People who couldn't find the collectible birds were able to order them online at least. This year was even more abysmal.
Maybe for decor but not for food. I would remember having trouble finding limited edition food/candy. I didn't have this much trouble last year...and it's also not just Target in some cases, a lot of other places don't have certain foods (monster cereals and voodew Mt. Dew are the two major ones). But if I remember right, the only trouble with decor I had last year was those Bullseye neon lights.

And again, if I'm remembering right, Target had their stuff out earlier then this year, and the section was full, not half empty going into October...they put stuff out late this year and they didn't have as much out too.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Was just at Target today; still a lot of half-empty shelves. Pretty lame. I saw exactly one of those big ghost candy dishes and grabbed it a couple of weeks ago. Haven't seen it again since. On the plus side, I've had no trouble finding seasonal junk food except for VooDew. Found a bunch of Halloween cereal and monster Fruit Roll-Ups today.

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Stopped in today to actually buy some food items, and went back to check on their halloween since it hadn't been set up in past shopping trips, and was surprised to see halloween nearly all set up. This store has always been late setting up. The store had undergone a remodel over the past few months and have to say the halloween area looked very nice (nice improvement of the whole store). Halloween section was arranged a bit differently than in the past--kind of "show space" now which was nice. Of course candy and costumes were out. Still had a few empty shelf areas to fill in.

Did not see any of the potted plants that people like. I have Target's app and found their wallet coupon in this weeks ad for the $5 off $30 Hide & Eek in-store purchase, plus had 3-$5 gift cards all of which I had earlier thought I wouldn't be using any on halloween unless it was on the dragon skull. Seeing everything in person I have to say I thought overall the selection looked pretty nice and saw more there I liked than I thought I would. I did pick up the dragon skull, really like it and seems to be a nice solid plastic. Also picked up the Spooky Living Tree Kit (face and arms in a hard plastic). I bought a similar tree kit a few years back when it was out then at a few stores (GR had a hard resin one at the time but these were kind of cheaper knockoffs of those) and this one is much nicer quality than those knockoff designed ones. Picked up the Philips Orange and Purple Shimmering Effects screw-in bulb projection light. Saw it on display turned on and just really liked the effect and colors. According to the box it's a Target exclusive this year. From the $ area in the front I lucked into finding one each of the LED pumpkin, witch's hat, and bat "neon" lights. I didn't buy them in the past and did like that these were now two colors each. Wish they had a timer but don't think they do.

Another thing I liked was the jawless skull, only saw the smaller version, but passed. Like the idea of the animated DJ but thought it looked cheap and at $99 would have been more than I would have spent. Seemed to work well and I can see it appealing to kids to use while playing music for a party. Only saw two of the flies and a cockroach and figure they were either nearly sold out or maybe they hadn't put all out yet, but also thought they were a nice rigid plastic.

There was one other item I ended up buying from the $ area and that was these black slatted frames but with the slats on a slant (think "window shutter" with square frame instead of a tall rectangular one). Saw a hanger on the back side. Good size and for $5 don't think I could touch the price in supplies and time even if I could build. I just saw them as being part of some facade down the road with either eerie colored lights or maybe low lying fog emitting from the slats. Just one of those "I think I can use that for something!" moments.

I was going to buy two ice cream cone acryllic stands for my carnival use but they all were showing cracks or had both side sections broken off. Luckily the clerk noticed the ones I thought looked okay weren't. Bad design so avoid if you see them. These were in the $ area. One last item to mention also in the $ area was a spirits board (Ouija like). It could have been something to hang but didn't notice a hanger on the back. Maybe intended to be something to serve drinks on.

So much better than I was expecting.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Was just at Target today; still a lot of half-empty shelves. Pretty lame. I saw exactly one of those big ghost candy dishes and grabbed it a couple of weeks ago. Haven't seen it again since. On the plus side, I've had no trouble finding seasonal junk food except for VooDew. Found a bunch of Halloween cereal and monster Fruit Roll-Ups today.
I am so curious about the VooDew. I have not seen that here in Illinois. But I'm gonna keep looking. :geek:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Picked up the Philips Orange and Purple Shimmering Effects screw-in bulb projection light. Saw it on display turned on and just really liked the effect and colors. According to the box it's a Target exclusive this year. From the $ area in the front I lucked into finding one each of the LED pumpkin, witch's hat, and bat "neon" lights. I didn't buy them in the past and did like that these were now two colors each. Wish they had a timer but don't think they do.

Another thing I liked was the jawless skull, only saw the smaller version, but passed. .
You did well, especially with the neons. I wish everything had a timer....best invention ever. I have both the 4" & 6" skulls & yes...they both have timers & didn't know that until I received them. I also got the projection bulb. Wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but I'm going to try it in a reflector hood & hang in inside this pumpkin (also found in Target about 2 weeks ago & forgot to post it) & see if the light shows through. If it works well, I need to find a waterproof witch hat to cover the hood.

IMG_2178.JPG

This pumpkin is a very large 16". Never saw it on-line & it wasn't right by the Halloween stuff either but down a few aisles near the fall stuff on an end cap. Also had in black with white face but didn't like that. You can see the blemish by the right eye (it's left) & they were all like that so I'm going to fix it with a Sharpie. Only $6.

Also ended up with these:
IMG_2171.JPG

Cat turns it's head, hisses & meows & eyes light up. The fingernails are actually green metallic but turn different colors as you look at them from different angles. The little Skelly dude plays a cute tune when you press his chest.

Also this pumpkin light: Top color changes & the bottom (which would be inside your pumpkin) flashes in different modes you can set:
IMG_2153.JPG IMG_2154.JPG

At yet a different Target but same day, found this clip on in the cheap bins up front:
IMG_2170.JPG

Clips on a purse, kid's costume, rearview mirror, etc. Also can choose steady on, flashing or strobe.

Also at this same Target, found this purse on a child's mannequin (not by the Halloween). Very cute but am finding little pieces of the plastic glitter is rubbing off a bit so I'm going to baby it & not use everyday:
IMG_2172.JPG

·
Registered
274 Posts
I did a final check of my local Target. They have most of their stuff out I think. There were some empty spaces but it was a lot more stocked then it used to be. I still wasn't able to find what I wanted though. No neon Bullseye lights, no cookie kits (decorating sugar cookies and the building kits) and no more garden items. I did manage to snag a single bottle of VooDew but I was really hoping for two bottles, one to try and one to keep. I was also hoping for a 12 pack since the can designs and box design are awesome.

I found the monster cereals at Walmart actually, since there was no sign of them still at Target.

I also found the new GPK Revenge Of Oh The Horror-ible! cards. I got the coffin box as well as five card packs.

·
Registered
282 Posts
🦇
I tend to agree with Bobby2003 above that Target is trying to avoid having a lot of mark-downs Nov. 1st. They really are going way too slim with it. I'm sure there's been times when someone might readily plunk down good money for several of the same item, but for the lack of availability.

I agree with many on here that Target is pretty weak for supplies this year. Yet on the other hand, I've actually spent more money there in the last couple of weeks than anywhere (brick-&-mortar or online). I made a special trip today for their collapsible coffin and walked out with the damned pose-able werewolf skelly. Can't think of an immediate use for it, but it's just so wicked looking I couldn't pass it up on a third trip! I know some year he's going to be perfect and I didn't want to regret not snatching it up while I had the chance. I got some classic double-takes sauntering out of the store clasping my prized prop by the spine.

301 - 320 of 320 Posts