Halloween Forum banner

181 - 200 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Since it's finally online: If you have a cat, get one of the cardboard cat scratcher houses. They LOVE them. I bought one last year, and ended up buying the --other holiday-- themed one as well. Also, yes, they are actually adult cat sized, and pretty sturdy. I think I preferred last year's haunted house themed one for design, though.

https://www.target.com/p/basic-cat-scratcher-hyde-38-eek-boutique-8482/-/A-76200981

Also, there's an online only 2-story movie theater themed one. https://www.target.com/p/cat-scratcher-house-hyde-38-eek-boutique-8482/-/A-76200979

·
Registered
331 Posts
Went to target yesterday. All they had was some stock person slowly putting away Back to School supplies so I guess I have to wait until next week.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
My local store had 1 employee stocking the shelves in the seasonal section!!! He was very nice and told me to check back again tomorrow for a better selection. All items were in the back and they would have everything out soon. Woo hoo!

They had 2 skeleton lanterns out. I was hoping it would be better. I really do like the design (reminds me of Dave Lowe) but it will require some modifications IMHO. Attached some photos.
I have to agree with your opinion. Even after seeing your pics, I wanted to like it so bad that I was willing to wait to see it myself and thought I bet I still like it. Well I saw it yesterday and nope , not so much. the concept is great but it looks so cheap , even the "flame" inside looks like it could break at any minute. The one at HD isn't as cute, doesn't have the hand but it looks so much more sturdy.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
They had several The Haunted Mansion items yesterday. I got a bowl and spoon and a Tshirt with the 3 HH ghosts on it. They also have all of the monster cereals. I got the count breakfast bars, and the boo berry and frankie fruit roll ups. I never buy that stuff but this year it just seemed fun to me. I think I might get the Frankie cereal and make "rice crispy treats" with it. Anyone done it? are they good or crap ?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Man whats with target. Weve hit five, i did find some eek n boo plants at one n omgeee. Bought all of them. Only had one out of a few but if its all i can get they are worth it. Supertargets wont be done for a week due to setup plans. What a mess n only two of what they have in most stuff

·
Registered
839 Posts
I went to a different Target today. Fully stocked school supplies area still. No Halloween there, but some out front. But I didn’t walk away empty handed! They had some autumn and a few Halloween items in their regular decor area. I think they had just put it out because there was only one of each of the items I picked up. I got a huge 6-7 gallon metal cauldron (my biggest cauldron thus far!) and a snake tray. I will likely add a little gold or silver buff & rub to the snake to make him pop out against the tray. Cauldron was $29.99 and tray was $19.99.
2EE9FA71-4F9B-428B-B5EE-843577786543.jpeg

·
Registered
823 Posts
Since it's finally online: If you have a cat, get one of the cardboard cat scratcher houses. They LOVE them. I bought one last year, and ended up buying the --other holiday-- themed one as well. Also, yes, they are actually adult cat sized, and pretty sturdy. I think I preferred last year's haunted house themed one for design, though.

https://www.target.com/p/basic-cat-scratcher-hyde-38-eek-boutique-8482/-/A-76200981

Also, there's an online only 2-story movie theater themed one. https://www.target.com/p/cat-scratcher-house-hyde-38-eek-boutique-8482/-/A-76200979
I think I may have to pick up a couple of these for my cats. So cute. Thanks for letting me know about them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
While it is only $30 & not a Spirit-like prop, I like it. It appears to be like blow mold material but does look like stone & has an eye. I actually thought it was a tombstone & still could play it off as that but doesn't have an epitaph. Not as tall as the one from Big Lots but it is 1/2 the price. Pretty loud & snarls while moving head up & down in a jerky fashion at different levels then tips up his head up & howls. Mouth doesn't move. Bright yellow eyes.
View attachment 717283

Also bought the Skelly in a Coffin. I like him as well but one thing I don't like is there is a clear plastic over the opening (I assume to keep weather out) but his red eyes cast a reflection on it if you aren't looking at it at eye level. I was going to add him among my tombstones in my cemetery but I will have to get creative & have him sit on something to elevate it near eye level. Cute sayings but first word or two in each sentence a little hard to make out but says.."They just don't make coffins like they used to. At least I have a window now" & the 2nd saying is "I need to find a place to live; any suggestions? You wouldn't have any room at your place. I don't take a lot of room". He also lights up green, along with his hand & both move back & forth:
View attachment 717286

I'll post the other LED stuff later when it gets dark out so the lights will show better. I asked somewhere before but no answer. I know there is a picture limit but will it let me attach a video? I will redo if so.
I LOVE that wolf statue! That's probably one of my favorite things from Target ever (and is perfect for next year's gothic haunt theme we're doing).

·
Registered
839 Posts
I stopped in a different Target store on the way home today and scored! They had started putting out their Halloween merchandise. They only had one of many of the items out though. I got to see the toxic plants in person. While the other plants were cute, they were too cute for my tastes, but the large Ghoulish Garden planter was great. I got it and two sets of plant eyeballs. I figured I might be able to make something with them. This store did not have the Halloween items in the home decor area yet, so I didn’t see the cauldron or snake tray. All in all, Target has some better than expected items this year.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeeeeees....was just coming to share that Target has finally put out some goodies today! The pet costumes have been out for a week but school supplies are finally being moved out and sent to the cold dark warehouse where they can sit and think about what they’ve done.

Candy came out this weekend. About half of the costumes are out. Some minor costume accessories. No party supplies or big props but small hanging things and tabletop decor. Skeletons are out and I have to say that I really like the snake skellies! I’m usually not a fan on the animal skeleton trend of late but I have not seen snakes before and thought they were well done.

Andplusalso, the Ben & Jerrys Pumpkin Cheesecake pints hit our shelves this weekend. Target is the only store in our town to carry this flavor and it’s my absolute favorite. I stock up for the year when they go on sale.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeeeeees....was just coming to share that Target has finally put out some goodies today! The pet costumes have been out for a week but school supplies are finally being moved out and sent to the cold dark warehouse where they can sit and think about what they’ve done.

Candy came out this weekend. About half of the costumes are out. Some minor costume accessories. No party supplies or big props but small hanging things and tabletop decor. Skeletons are out and I have to say that I really like the snake skellies! I’m usually not a fan on the animal skeleton trend of late but I have not seen snakes before and thought they were well done.

Andplusalso, the Ben & Jerrys Pumpkin Cheesecake pints hit our shelves this weekend. Target is the only store in our town to carry this flavor and it’s my absolute favorite. I stock up for the year when they go on sale.
Pumpkin cheesecake ice cream!! I will have to get some. Target is also the only place I can ever find pumpkin pie pop tarts.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Pumpkin cheesecake ice cream!! I will have to get some. Target is also the only place I can ever find pumpkin pie pop tarts.
For some reason they do the seasonal snack department justice. They are carrying all the Halloween cereals in a huge display near the front, including the new Captain Crunch, and 2 others I have not seen before. Plus the normal Count Chocula, etc.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Here's the Pumpkin lit that was in the front bins:
IMG_1950.JPG

Sis found the Skeleton Lantern back on site available to ship, & with her Red card & the $10 off $50 that was going on last weekend, we finally had them available to ship since info kept changing. Also bought the smaller LED 1/2 skull & forgot what all else since a lot of items that had "coming soon" were available to ship.

Anyone else that would order large orders, place more than 1 order since both of our stuff was $103 & placed it in 2 orders & got $20 off then plus her 5%. She didn't think of that but told her to try it & said it worked.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I still haven't found that cauldron. Ive been to 4 Targets and only one had stuff out.
I did get the cute wooden village set ( says mantle decor) the houses and little people. When I saw them on the site I thought they were cute but in person I adored them, they remind me of things I had when I was a kid. Got the house, some people and cemetery sign. Loved the theater too. too cute for my regular decorating but my dtr set them up in her room, would be cute on desk at office as well

·
Registered
202 Posts
Only 1 of the 4 Targets near me has their Halloween stuff out! But they all have items in the dollar section...

Which I’ve been stocking up and buying every coffin candle they have! Although every store I’ve been to only has 2 max out.

(I’m a funeral director and am obsessed with Halloween obviously but more so coffin trinkets!)

181 - 200 of 229 Posts
About this Discussion
228 Replies
73 Participants
Illysium
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing