Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Crypto Hunter
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am asking for some info because the Target website clearly states that this item is FOAM yet in the description it says "Material: Plaster " My store doesn't plan to carry this nor the large lighted window eyes but before placing an order I need to know which description is accurate. No info when calling target CS, they just read the same info that's on the web.
This is the tombstone I am talking about http://www.target.com/p/halloween-foam-i-ll-be-watching-you-tombstone-21-5/-/A-15696526#prodSlot=medium_1_11&term=halloween+tombstone
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am asking for some info because the Target website clearly states that this item is FOAM yet in the description it says "Material: Plaster " My store doesn't plan to carry this nor the large lighted window eyes but before placing an order I need to know which description is accurate. No info when calling target CS, they just read the same info that's on the web.
This is the tombstone I am talking about http://www.target.com/p/halloween-foam-i-ll-be-watching-you-tombstone-21-5/-/A-15696526#prodSlot=medium_1_11&term=halloween+tombstone
Thanks!!!
I ordered this tombstone today; when I receive it, I will let you know. I am going to guess it is plaster, but let's face it, who knows?

I have seen people post photos on the Target thread that the eyeball tombstone they have seen or purchased from Target is plaster.

Target has a plaster "Stay Spooky" stone that is sold in foam and plaster both. I bought the foam version online and it says now it isn't sold online.
The plaster version of the "Stay Spooky" stone is available online. Target is playing with our emotions this year.

You can always send it back if you order and it is not what you wanted. That is a pain, I know. I bought it because I am not too terribly picky right now. I am also afraid it will sell out online and it is a very different looking stone.

·
Crypto Hunter
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for taking the time to answer. It says "Out of Stock" then it says "Add To Cart", they dont which end is up at Target this year. Right now Im hesitant to order as I much prefer to purchase in person. Dont know if I should try to make the $50.00 price level in order to get free shipping, I really dont see anything else Im interested in except the large light up green cat eyes

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to answer. It says "Out of Stock" then it says "Add To Cart", they dont which end is up at Target this year. Right now Im hesitant to order as I much prefer to purchase in person. Dont know if I should try to make the $50.00 price level in order to get free shipping, I really dont see anything else Im interested in except the large light up green cat eyes
Target has been very disorganized this year. They had the skeleton cat labeled as a dog for weeks. That is quite an error.

I was looking at the tombstone with the zoom option and saw it has a little wire fence type detail around the bottom. I have a few tombstones from Target that have that kind of detail and they are plaster. Maybe this stone is foam and the detail is plastic? It is such poor service that their customer service representatives couldn't tell you exactly what this stone is made of.

It would be a gamble for you for sure. I just checked their stock and it said they have 8 available to add to the cart.

·
Crypto Hunter
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Target has been very disorganized this year. They had the skeleton cat labeled as a dog for weeks. That is quite an error.

I was looking at the tombstone with the zoom option and saw it has a little wire fence type detail around the bottom. I have a few tombstones from Target that have that kind of detail and they are plaster. Maybe this stone is foam and the detail is plastic? It is such poor service that their customer service representatives couldn't tell you exactly what this stone is made of.

It would be a gamble for you for sure. I just checked their stock and it said they have 8 available to add to the cart.

Thanks Countess, I just went ahead and placed my order via PayPal for the tombstone, a pair of Green Lighted very large Spooky Eyes and some undies for hubby so I could get the free shipping!! :D

I really wanted those green jumbo lighted eyes because they remind me of my sweet, dear angel girl Cali. (That's her photo below)
She had the most beautiful green eyes. Our little kitty died of a terrible, painful blood clot July 30. Hubby and I have been beside ourselves with grief and when we both saw those lighted eyes we could only think of her.
I remember seeing them at Lowes even though it says they are "Only at Target" so I just called the store and the guy said they sold out of them two weeks ago!! Who would have figured that? I mean it is a simple, lighted pair of eyes,

http://www.target.com/p/jumbo-lit-eyes-halloween-lawn-decor/-/A-15419751#prodSlot=medium_1_40

BTW, I love your name!! You wouldn't happen to be a Grumpy cat fan NO??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one who thought Target dropped the ball this year. I got tired of waiting for the new items (bird skelly, cat skelly, gargoyle, etc) to become available online so I called the store a few weeks ago and a very annoyed sounding operator told me they wouldn't be putting out their Halloween stuff until the end of the month. Luckily I decided to stop by a week later and found the entire Halloween collection was already on display. Seriously bad prep AND service this year!

·
Crypto Hunter
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad I'm not the only one who thought Target dropped the ball this year. I got tired of waiting for the new items (bird skelly, cat skelly, gargoyle, etc) to become available online so I called the store a few weeks ago and a very annoyed sounding operator told me they wouldn't be putting out their Halloween stuff until the end of the month. Luckily I decided to stop by a week later and found the entire Halloween collection was already on display. Seriously bad prep AND service this year!

I haven't found a decent store this year except maybe CVS. We had to drive to a neighboring town in order to buy the Headless Horseman as the store here has an end cap and just a small section.
Don't even get me started on Kmart either.

Oh well it has been an effort to get into the spirit anyways this year. My heart really isn't in it but I've been slowly decorating to try and distract myself from the sadness. It doesnt really work though :(

·
Mummy Dearest
1,149 Posts
My target actually has one. I took my husband and he says it's resin. It's crazy heavy and he tapped the eye part and thinks that may be glass. I took pictures of the front and back for you and I'll post them tomorrow. I hope this helps.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
I too saw one in person. It is definitely NOT foam. I don't know the difference between plaster/resin... but it is hard and heavy. LOL I also tapped the eyeball. I can't figure out if it is glass... but the eyeball is really cute. It lights up. That little dinky fence thing is kinda weird. I didn't get it after all, but not because I didn't like it overall, it is really cute, but I didn't think it would fit in with the rest of my foam tombstones. (Just my OCD showing. haha)

·
Crypto Hunter
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you both Hilda and Red. I'm glad I ordered it.

My hubby actually prefers the small stones that have that little fencing around them. he has figured out a way to anchor them to the lawn using twine, tent stakes and that little fence makes a good anchor to wrap the twine around.

We ALWAYS get high winds at some point during Oct. so all the stones need to be secured

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
I'm glad you got it too! It is really nice.
I also loved the resin tombstone I saw at Home Depot... but I just started making my own foam ones, so I have resisted buying the resin ones. Although they are so nice!
I'm having a hard time resisting that eyeball one. It is unique. I have the two plaster/resin griffins from Target last year and I love them!
So I think you will be happy with your new tombstone.

·
Crypto Hunter
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the update Countess. Mine is due on Thursday. Hopefully it will arrive in one piece
Was yours packed well?

Today I received my Target lighted window eyes. They look nice. Brought a tear to my own eye.
Hubby and I wanted these in honor of our angel kitty Cali. Our beautiful little girl had magnificent green eyes

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thank you for the update Countess. Mine is due on Thursday. Hopefully it will arrive in one piece
Was yours packed well?

Today I received my Target lighted window eyes. They look nice. Brought a tear to my own eye.
Hubby and I wanted these in honor of our angel kitty Cali. Our beautiful little girl had magnificent green eyes
It wasn't packed well. The plastic eye was detached from the tombstone, but the light in the tombstone still works. I am going to hot glue it back on and call it good.

I read your posts about your lil baby kitty baby. I am so sorry that your precious girl left you. I will tell you that over many years you will heal a little and not feel so horribly sad. We had a handsome mancat we took in as a stray, and he became my best friend in the world. What is it about a cat's eyes that is so memorable? He had tawny eyes that were first suspicious, but then filled with love. He has been gone almost one year at Christmas, and we were talking about him today. We miss him so much. I try not to think about him because I don't want to be sad all the time. What a world what a world. :(

·
Crypto Hunter
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tombstone Arrived A-OK

The Eyeball came in a box that looked like a small elephant TRIED to sit on the top. Fortunately target packed it well with extra airbags.
Good thing too cos the styrofoam in the actual carton was crumbled.
However it does look great. I will only put it outside Halloween night though and that is if it doesnt rain. The glue around the eye doesnt look that sturdy

Now the set of Cat Eyes I also received, WOW, I am so happy with them that when we visited my brother last weekend we drove the extra few miles beyond his house to check out that Target. He lives about 36 miles away so it's not just around the block. Our local store didnt have them so i had ordered a set along with the tombstone.
They had plenty at his target so we got another pair for the upstairs bedroom on the other side of the house.

They look great in a pitch black room. These are very large eyes and they DO NOT blink like the ones at Lowes. That makes for a nicer effect IMHO

And they are a beautiful reminder of my darling angel kitty who passed away.

P1030824.jpg

P1030781.jpg

·
Crypto Hunter
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks! They really are nicer than I anticipated.
Usually I come up with an idea and it rarely turns out the way i imagine it.
This was one of those rare moments :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts