Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Target just opened some stores here in Canada in the last few months, I took a stroll through the one here last week and wasn't all that impressed with the selection overall or the prices. I wasn't looking for halloween items and I didn't see any.(I would have remembered!)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Kids aren't in school yet here. So no halloween there until after the I rest week of school at least. The back to school crap gets cleared away and halloween comes out slowly

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Once the little buggers go back to school, Target should hopefully get going on the Halloween merchandise (sloooowly).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Our Target had totally remodeled to make way for one end of the store to be all groceries. Seems like the other departments are smaller. Nothing Halloween yet. I hope that they still have the huge seasonal area they always have had in the past.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Our Targets haven't started yet either. It's worth the wait though, the super target near me usually has a dozen aisles devoted to Halloween.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If what I saw at work is accurate, all Target stores are required to have there Halloween displays set up between September 9-15. So it should be another two weeks at the most.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Last year our target didnt have anything out until around the middle of September. They lagged really bad. I had purchased most of my stuff by the time they put it out. Also, they have good deals on string lights, so it kinda stinks they put it out so late, because then we wait to do our lights until they have them. They're something like $3 a box.. pretty good deal.

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
We were in Target last night picking up paper goods for the house and the back to school stuff was still filling the aisles. Didn't look like anything was being cleared out yet so who knows maybe Sept. 15 is about right for them. I actually had a dream about them last night, probably prompted by going there, that I noticed them clearing stuff off the shelves with lots of carts lined up and being filled for pushing to the back, and the mdse in the carts was halloween. I was rushing over to the carts to see what I could pull out of them that I wanted. Don't remember anything else just that.

BTW I am serious about having that dream last night. Funny how the mind works.

Being the beginning of Labor Day weekend I had also checked their website and noticed the item I want to order for halloween from them online seemed now available. I'll probably order it later today. I'm not a fan of ordering items from Target or Walmart for example online but when they say not in stores I figure I have no choice.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Target just opened some stores here in Canada in the last few months, I took a stroll through the one here last week and wasn't all that impressed with the selection overall or the prices. I wasn't looking for halloween items and I didn't see any.(I would have remembered!)
Agreed. That seems to be the general consensus up here. They're dealing with different distributers and just don't seem to have the buying power up here. And everytime we've been so far, things have looked really picked over. Nothing like the Target's we visited in the states.

Just was at Target yesterday an still all school supplies here too.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I just went to Target. They had an orange and black little girl's outfit with candy corn on it. But that was about it. No actual Halloween decor or anything.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Kids were back in school on Monday here. I'm hoping Labor Day weekend is the magic turning point for the straggling stores here.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Our Target had totally remodeled to make way for one end of the store to be all groceries. Seems like the other departments are smaller. Nothing Halloween yet. I hope that they still have the huge seasonal area they always have had in the past.
Our Target is a Super Target as well and it has a large seasonal section, so hopefully you're safe! :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
I asked our SuperTarget today when stuff will be put out. She said they had things in the back and anticipated the displays going up within the next week or so. She kept emphasizing that it would be soon, very soon! LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was at the super Target in Burbank Saturday and all they had out were a handful of endcaps. The back to school merch was still filling their seasonal section. At least they had the Candy Corn and Pumpkin Spice M&Ms. :)

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,333 Posts
I think after Labor Day seems to be a general rule for non-craft stores in general. Stores will have bits & pieces out, end caps, paper goods, from Dollar Tree to Walmart, but it really isn't until after Labor Day that they ramp up the Halloween stuff. Which is better than nothing but then by mid October they'll have their Christmas stuff out too. The only good thing about that is the lights.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts
About this Discussion
212 Replies
91 Participants
Evil Elf
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing