Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
I heard rumors that online preorders might pop up in the next few days. In a Facebook group I'm part of someone said last year their preorders were placed on July 12th...so...everyone started speculating it'll be SOON.

Oh and heads up for pet owners, Hide and Eek stuff is already out (like the cat houses/costumes/toys).

·
Registered
867 Posts
I heard rumors that online preorders might pop up in the next few days. In a Facebook group I'm part of someone said last year their preorders were placed on July 12th...so...everyone started speculating it'll be SOON.
Mine were too. I didn't even realize. Can't wait to see what they have this year.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

Oh and heads up for pet owners, Hide and Eek stuff is already out (like the cat houses/costumes/toys).
I saw your name elsewhere and assumed it was someone else using the name, but I am guessing it was you posting. 😁🎃

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I resurrected the 2020 thread in error after I was checking on pre-orders. Show last year people were placing orders 7/12 so they are late. Cute pet stuff is all I see, especially the cat scratcher but my cat wouldn't use it as she's 18 & only likes my lap or her blanketed chair.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yeah, the only stuff up is the pet stuff and third party stuff which I didn't know Target did until I started seeing these stupid prices haha.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got burned last year with Target's presale because i hopped online about the 16th or 17th only to find it had started on about the 12th. This year i thought i was diaboloical to jump on early and here we are on the 24th and there has been nothing. Do we think this means that they don't have a tentpole collection they are excited about? Imo, they tend to toggle between pretty amazing- like Ghoulish Garden and about 8 years ago when they had more gothic, darker pieces to not-so-great cartoonish stuff like last year's Ferris wheel etc. Anyone have advance information?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I got burned last year with Target's presale because i hopped online about the 16th or 17th only to find it had started on about the 12th. This year i thought i was diaboloical to jump on early and here we are on the 24th and there has been nothing. Do we think this means that they don't have a tentpole collection they are excited about? Imo, they tend to toggle between pretty amazing- like Ghoulish Garden and about 8 years ago when they had more gothic, darker pieces to not-so-great cartoonish stuff like last year's Ferris wheel etc. Anyone have advance information?
Nope...I check their site about as much as the HD group checks theirs. :) It did start the 12th last year & they are very late.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Not sure what's going on...maybe they have a big collection planned and they're getting all the website stuff done offline before it goes up online? Or they have jack all...

But I'm hoping they have big plans. Be nice if they followed At Home/Michaels and did a witchy theme...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I sincerely hope that they at least have a small collection of dark gothic products like years ago. I know a lot of people are really into the cartoony, super stylized stuff, but I like to find pieces that I can keep out and use all year. I used to find that at Target & really miss it. We also have the issue here where people go in and buy everything so they can resell it. It's honestly gotten to the point where I don't even want to bother with them. And that makes me sad since they used to be one of my favorites.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
The halloween line by John Derian last year was so cool. But none of it was at the targets by me. And i'm in the metropolitan area of a huge city. It really made me hate target. Only a few things were available online. I got so excited for nothing.
I completely understand. Target is very frustrating & there are very rude customers

·
The Haunting Girl
1,004 Posts
I've personally given up on Target. They used to have cool stuff ages ago, but these days they just don't have much I find interesting anymore. I always seem to miss their Halloween stuff no matter when I go. It's either so early it's still back to school or it's too late and there's barely anything left. It's like my local Target stocks enough Halloween for one week of sales and that's it.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Finding Halloween stuff at Target is usually so hit & miss, and for me, mostly miss! I don't understand why there are so few products of things that seem obviously popular.
And for sure it doesn't help that scalpers buy up everything for ebay.:rolleyes:

I got lucky once with one of those cursed plants so of course I grabbed it, but I have always missed more than I get, grrr!

·
Registered
111 Posts
The halloween line by John Derian last year was so cool. But none of it was at the targets by me. And i'm in the metropolitan area of a huge city. It really made me hate target. Only a few things were available online. I got so excited for nothing.
Yes!! I was so excited for that too because it was finally something that fits my aesthetic at Target, & we didn't get it either. And heaven forbid you ask a worker at our store because they will either ignore you or they act like you are really inconveniencing them. I also really wanted to find the wooden jacks last year & none of them were at our store. And there is no point at all in trying to find anything in the Dollar Spot either since all you ever see is empty bins.

·
Registered
80 Posts
And the timing was weird on the Derian stuff. I both love and hate Instagram because someone on there gave advance warning of the collection- which i didn't know about- BUT it also helps the scalpers. I did manage to grab the footstool and the candlestick.

1 - 20 of 308 Posts