Halloween Forum banner

161 - 180 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I've been stalking our Target nightly for a week. The two stores south of me put their Halloween out a week ago. On Friday, our store started changing over to Halloween. Finally!

Still hopeful I'd get the black ceramic cake stand that featured a jack-o-lantern underneath. But at the same time was increasingly drawn to the 20" Ferris Wheel that lights up, rotates, and plays music. The latter wasn't there just before closing last night, but was put out and sold today. Ugh. It was suggested that I have one shipped, but I know it's too fragile.

Was then handed off to one of the managers, and he confirmed that it was sold, wasn't in the back somewhere as I'd hoped. I asked him if the next store south had it. They had two!

Got the phone number, called, and asked them to hold one for me. When I got to their Halloween section, they had EVERYTHING out. And it's been out for a week. So I was able to see and touch it all. This was so helpful because I decided against some things, and switched to other things.

Next year, I'm spending my money at the store 30 miles south. Had I done that, I might have been able to get the black ceramic cake stand too.

Also want to say, I got the Swimming With The Fishes tombstone last night and love it so much. I got it for a pirate cave that I've been designing in my head for a few years.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'd love that brown potion shelf. Gonna have to see if I can find that when/if I can manage to go to Target. I'm really not planning on getting much decor but potion stuff is always welcomed. I think that shelf and the little potion bottles with confetti in them are the only things I really want this year. Maybe some other dollar bin items but that's really it. Everything else just feels like a repeat of last year and I was mixed about last years decor as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Went to mine yesterday and the bins were yet again empty. Still no dang Dead & Breakfast sign or any other hanging decor. None of what I was looking for. The seasonal area did have some candy and a cart of Halloween cereals, but decor is all still mostly empty boxes of school supplies.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm trying to practice a low-buy autumn but I went to my Target this weekend and wow there's a really great large black skull candle that weeps red wax when you buy it. I was so tempted - they had it stocked on the shelves with other skulls (decorative glass, light-up plastic) if anyone is looking. If I was still throwing Halloween parties I would have definitely bought it, but as it is I couldn't justify it. It looked sick though.

I was surprised by how cute those little costumed birds are - it's not at all my style but I was really tempted to pick them up just because they were so adorable (this is why I have to practice no-buy and low-buy seasons 😅).

I didn't realize Target had carvable pumpkins either - I picked up two small ones for $4 each, the "large" were I think $12 while the medium were $8. The large was sold out in orange already, though there was still white and teal. I've never done these before but I've been wanting to. They were all a bit petite for the cost, I thought.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I went to 3 targets today, looking for that stupid black potions bottle case and the cute ghost mug ( threshold,not with regular halloween) people are buying them up and selling on mercari, some sellers have 5 or 6 in their pictures....what happened to buying one and leaving the rest for others??? will we ever be normal again?

My Target just started putting out this weekend. I went tonight and its already very very picked over, condensed to 2 aisles and they started Christmas, whole section of christmas lights and projections....christmas.

·
Registered
193 Posts
We've only got the cheapo Halloween stuff at both Targets close by and the candy, but that's it. Back To School was still in place in the seasonal area.

My husband made an observation about why our Targets (at least. Can't speak for other states) are so behind on stocking. He surmised that because our schools were all virtual until this week when the hybrid virtual/in-class schedules started, that Target and a few other retailers were keeping the Back to School stuff out longer since parents would be getting supplies very late. Presumably, this would mean Halloween would start rolling out very late as well.Then up against Christmas, which retailers will fight to keep on its normal time-frame (because God forbid that ANYTHING derails that profit monstrosity by any measure) the quantity of Halloween stock isn't going to be huge because retailers are going to want it off the shelves around the time it normally is despite stocking it late.

Our Home Goods, At Home, Walgreens, Krogers, etc.. stores are all bearing this logic out because they aren't restocking nor ordering as much stuff as they always have in the past. Christmas is already nosing its way in at all our locations as I type this. :-/

·
Registered
119 Posts
My favorite item from Target in recent years has been the skeleton snakes. I believe we have two different sizes, both from Target. They're not posable per se, but they are movable.. if that makes sense. Like they can bend. I'm pleasantly surprised that for $15-20, however much they were, they've held together outside each year for weeks. Needless to say, I've been stalking my Target for their Halloween loot for days but NOTHING YET! still school supplies!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I recently sold my large skeleton snake from Target really cheap. I couldn’t figure out anything to do with it although I have to say using it with that sign is awesome.

I hope to score a few items I’ve been looking for this week. I’m happy to grab things people are looking for and ship them provided you pay for the item and shipping ha ha. Some stuff like the neon lights would probably be risky in terms of breakage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My favorite item from Target in recent years has been the skeleton snakes. I believe we have two different sizes, both from Target. They're not posable per se, but they are movable.. if that makes sense. Like they can bend. I'm pleasantly surprised that for $15-20, however much they were, they've held together outside each year for weeks. Needless to say, I've been stalking my Target for their Halloween loot for days but NOTHING YET! still school supplies!
View attachment 737254
Is this a picture of your set up? I love the random bones just strewn about the yard! Something was very hungry ☠:eek:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Help please ! This is from target one spot , it's super cute ,but I'm stuck on how to use or what to fill with . I got some of their mini potion jars (filled w glitter and other small things ), but they don't mesh with this (but I do love them in general !!)
. Any other ideas besides other styles of potion jars (which I know I can find, just curious on creative input for alt ideas !)

One thought if nothing else is potions on top, maybe mini books if I can find, and then in the center a mini cauldron and fire ? More effort than I'd care for lol, but it would look cool .

·
Registered
144 Posts
Would the cauldron candle generate too much heat? Maybe you could set it in front of it vs inside or put orange mini lights under cotton batting under a cauldron in there? You can lightly spray a little black spray paint across the top of the cotton balls after pulling them apart to look more like embers.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Would the cauldron candle generate too much heat? Maybe you could set it in front of it vs inside or put orange mini lights under cotton batting under a cauldron in there? You can lightly spray a little black spray paint across the top of the cotton balls after pulling them apart to look more like embers.
I would use mini lights, no candles up in that thing!! :) I like your cotton ball idea! I had not thought of that, thank you!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is this a picture of your set up? I love the random bones just strewn about the yard! Something was very hungry ☠:eek:
Yes! It's our yard last year. Thanks for the compliment! We never know exactly how to fill the empty grass space, so we usually just throw bones all over. I'll let my son and neighborhood friends move them around.... make a pile for the spider, spell out words ...... whatever their kiddie hearts desire throughout the October weeks :cool:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Mine only just started yesterday, but I was happy to get the Sleeping With the Fishes stone. It was only $20 even though it was marked $30. I saw some of the plants and I considered buying a few because they're so popular, but it's not really my aesthetic. Does anyone remember the times when Target had a new theme every year and those items didn't carry over into the next year? It made it very exciting.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mine only just started yesterday, but I was happy to get the Sleeping With the Fishes stone. It was only $20 even though it was marked $30. I saw some of the plants and I considered buying a few because they're so popular, but it's not really my aesthetic. Does anyone remember the times when Target had a new theme every year and those items didn't carry over into the next year? It made it very exciting.
I've been eyeing that stone !! Where are you putting yours? It's only for covered outside use and our porch will have a witch theme, so that's what's been stopping me .

I was glad to see some nautical themed items this year's "new" stuff

·
Registered
410 Posts
I saw some of the plants and I considered buying a few because they're so popular, but it's not really my aesthetic. Does anyone remember the times when Target had a new theme every year and those items didn't carry over into the next year? It made it very exciting.
Yes. Those were the good old days. I also remember when they carried more than one or two of an item and there was not the frustration of having to chase around looking for something in particular.

It is for the best that not everyone wants the exact same items or there would be brawls ensuing😋 I like the plants, even if they are not as realistic as they could have been. Besides having the name 'Ghoulish Garden' in place of 'Blood Succulents' and possessing more muted coloring, I realized last night that the medium venus flytrap planter is actually quite a bit different this year.

Ghoulish Garden Planter.jpg Blood Succulents Planter.jpg

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Help please ! This is from target one spot , it's super cute ,but I'm stuck on how to use or what to fill with . I got some of their mini potion jars (filled w glitter and other small things ), but they don't mesh with this (but I do love them in general !!) View attachment 737267 . Any other ideas besides other styles of potion jars (which I know I can find, just curious on creative input for alt ideas !)

One thought if nothing else is potions on top, maybe mini books if I can find, and then in the center a mini cauldron and fire ? More effort than I'd care for lol, but it would look cool .
This is the case I've been searching for. I got to several Targets every day and so far none, not one has been found. I found the brown one but I really want this black. I'm glad some people are getting lucky.
Anyone getting lucky finding the 5 dollar plants ? I want the one with the orange base but no luck with that either.

161 - 180 of 224 Posts