Halloween Forum banner

181 - 200 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Mine only just started yesterday, but I was happy to get the Sleeping With the Fishes stone. It was only $20 even though it was marked $30. I saw some of the plants and I considered buying a few because they're so popular, but it's not really my aesthetic. Does anyone remember the times when Target had a new theme every year and those items didn't carry over into the next year? It made it very exciting.
I remember those days fondly ! I used to get so excited to see what they came up with. The looks were always more gothic and not so cute. They had cute stuff but no cartoonish cute like the past couple of years. I was always excited to try to score stuff after the holiday as well. I used to get a lot of Halloween PJ sets and odds and ends as far as decor goes. I still have several of the things I bought back then.

·
Registered
244 Posts
This is the case I've been searching for. I got to several Targets every day and so far none, not one has been found. I found the brown one but I really want this black. I'm glad some people are getting lucky.
Anyone getting lucky finding the 5 dollar plants ? I want the one with the orange base but no luck with that either.
If I find the black case again, do u want me to ship it to you ? Mssg me if so . Which plant ? These ? I stumbled across these by chance today but can try to grab you one, depending on which one I went , they didn't have but only a few . Would love to help another Halloween lover out ! I know how it is to be looking for something !!!!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
If I find the black case again, do u want me to ship it to you ? Mssg me if so . Which plant ? These ? I stumbled across these by chance today but can try to grab you one, depending on which one I went , they didn't have but only a few . Would love to help another Halloween lover out ! I know how it is to be looking for something !!!! View attachment 737329
yep thats them. The one with the orange base is the one I was looking for. I found one of the plant in the middle ( black base) but so far that is the only one in any of the 6 stores I've been to.
2 of the stores has already started condensing Halloween and started Christmas.

·
Registered
453 Posts
First Target has like 10 costumes hanging. And the employees are talking about putting stuff out instead of just doing it.
2nd Target is putting out decor before costumes. Unfortunately, according to website they don't have any stock of ghoulish garden. I tried to ask an employee but she didn't seem to understand english. She offered me pencils instead.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Update on the 20" Ferris Wheel...

Last night, I found out the one I bought on Sunday isn't working properly when came across and tested two at my local store. The wheel rotated continuously. Got home. Checked mine, and it definately doesn't rotate continuously. It rotates, pauses, rotates, pauses. It never rotates continuously. Replacing the batteries with batteries I'd just purchased made no difference.

So called the store first thing this morning. Had them pull a working one off the floor so I could do an exchange. This suggests to me that it is very fragile. I don't think I'm going to use it as a candy dispenser for this reason.

All that said...I love it so much. I've been looking for a piece like this for years, and years. Working or not working, it will make a great backdrop for displays!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
First Target has like 10 costumes hanging. And the employees are talking about putting stuff out instead of just doing it.
2nd Target is putting out decor before costumes. Unfortunately, according to website they don't have any stock of ghoulish garden. I tried to ask an employee but she didn't seem to understand english. She offered me pencils instead.
I'm too the point where I want to build a relationship with a Target employee for the sole purpose of informing me the day they start putting the Halloween DECOR out. It's very frustrating.

It took our store a week because of COVID-19. I was told that they had a huge backlog of school supplies for K-12 and college students, also storage and kitchen essentials for college students. And looking around, I saw what they meant, particularly in the kitchen area.

But I still don't understand why they couldn't get the Halloween Decor out. Seems like it took them three days to change over the display shelving and tables. From what I saw, it appeared that only one staff member was responsible for making that happen. Perhaps they're understaffed. Don't know. Everything is out now, except for the black ceramic cake stand that I wanted. Oh well, it will show up or it won't. Going to try to let that one go. As others have said here, chasing these pieces down is a lot of work. And the website doesn't help for items that can't be shipped to store or home.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
A few more fun items I got to fit my carnival theme this year...

This spinner actually works... Halloween Carnival Wheel of Treats Spinning Wooden Sign - Hyde & EEK! Boutique™
This 18" skeleton is posable. Feet are sewn together, but wire inside arms and legs makes him much more interesting - (I wouldn't have know had someone not posed him before I came across him in the store)... 18" Soft Standing Halloween Skeleton - Hyde & EEK! Boutique™
I plan on displaying the skeleton next to this Wheel of Fate... Halloween Animated Decorative Wheel of Fate - Hyde & EEK! Boutique™
And this bean bag toss game is huge, but only $6... Bean Bag Toss Game Halloween Party Kit - Hyde & EEK! Boutique™

I also got the mini mantle displays too. Some will decorate my desk at work. There are a total of 6 - (a few are repeats from last year, others are new)... Halloween Mini Mantle : Target

And these six go with the above displays...
Dragon and Knight... Dragon & Knight Mini Mantel Halloween Decor Accessory Set - Hyde & EEK! Boutique™
Pirates... Skulls/Octopus/Pumpkins Mini Mantel Halloween Decor Accessory Set - Hyde & EEK! Boutique™
Carnival People, Witch, Ghost, JOLs... Ghost/Skull/Jack-O'-Lantern Mini Mantel Halloween Decor Accessory Set - Hyde & EEK! Boutique™
Witch, Cat, Ghost, JOLs... 5pk Witch/Ghost/Pumpkins Mini Mantel Halloween Decor Set - Hyde & EEK! Boutique™
Tree, Ghost, JOLs... 4pk Tree/Ghost/Pumpkins Mini Mantel Halloween Decor Set - Hyde & EEK! Boutique™
Tree, Skeleton, Gravestones... 4pk Tree/Gravestones Mini Mantel Halloween Decor Set - Hyde & EEK! Boutique™

·
Registered
2,018 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
G
WTH !! You have tons of those black potion shelves and the 5 dollar plants ! I still have 2 targets that havent even set up yet so I still have hope on the plants, the shelves, not so much . and my poor ghost mug seems like its not gonna happen either.
I couldn't believe it either! But seriously if you don't find what you want, my black potion shelf is still in the target bag. I bought an extra $5 orange base plant too. I have never seen any of the plant items at either of my stores. They are cool but not part of my decor

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm too the point where I want to build a relationship with a Target employee for the sole purpose of informing me the day they start putting the Halloween DECOR out. It's very frustrating.
Sis tried that with 3 people at 2 different stores & then wouldn't bend but were very nice & didn't get upset when she pestered them.

She ended up going yesterday & finally had stuff out. Said not all but quite a bit. She got her $5 succulents so she's happy now. She picked up more things for me. I normally like spooky JOLs but the eyes suckered me in. They look all around & can be constant on or sensor.

These are little mini projectors that are battery operated & come with a timer. Pretty bright & very easy to hide. Know there was a pumpkin, ghost & one that said Trick or Treat.

She ordered me the blow mold skelly feet to pick up when she is that way next week. I haven't made it in yet for the stuff I wanted to see before ordering.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Folks, are all of the plants in the Halloween/Seasonal section of the store or are some in the Dollar Spot section?

·
Registered
548 Posts
They're all in the Halloween section, in my store.
Thank you. I caved and ordered some of the plants online. Hope to find some of the ones not available online in store tomorrow.

Reactions: Illysium

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I wonder if the ghost mugs will be in the Halloween area, on a random endcap somewhere in the store, or in the kitchen area. I really would love to have that mug.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes. Those were the good old days. I also remember when they carried more than one or two of an item and there was not the frustration of having to chase around looking for something in particular.

It is for the best that not everyone wants the exact same items or there would be brawls ensuing😋 I like the plants, even if they are not as realistic as they could have been. Besides having the name 'Ghoulish Garden' in place of 'Blood Succulents' and possessing more muted coloring, I realized last night that the medium venus flytrap planter is actually quite a bit different this year.

View attachment 737308 View attachment 737307
I have one of the ones from last year and one of the ones from this year, and the thing I dislike most about the new one is that they didn't paint that jack-o-lantern on the base this year. It looks odd to have a black unpainted jack-o-lantern on the new one. I am thinking about painting it orange to match the old one.

·
Registered
410 Posts
View attachment 737348 View attachment 737349

These are OLD PICs, not current selection. Don't want people getting confused....
I forgot they used to carry acual resin tombstones, gargoyles ect.
and I love these jacks, would buy all of them if they carried something like this again
Even if they are a bit too cute for my taste, the jack-o'-lanterns are nicely detailed and their paint jobs are great. My ram-horned Target gargoyle shattered the other year after the storage tote that it was in wound up hitting the ground from a decent height and to say that I was disappointed would be an understatement; I found a somewhat similar grotesque, although in a much smaller size and it probably cost about the same as what I had paid for the Target one. I miss that type of decor, too.

I have one of the ones from last year and one of the ones from this year, and the thing I dislike most about the new one is that they didn't paint that jack-o-lantern on the base this year. It looks odd to have a black unpainted jack-o-lantern on the new one. I am thinking about painting it orange to match the old one.
I prefer the darker aesthetic of this year's offerings, but I can understand where you are coming from. Maybe a spider or bat could have been used in place of the pumpkin, though they did not want to pay for the retooling that would have entailed, most likely.

181 - 200 of 224 Posts