Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Haunting Girl
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of people hate inflatables on here, but honestly they have gotten a lot better over the past few years. I hated them too for a while, but now I own three and I think they are okay. I discovered they are not that easy to set up either as I spent two hours trying to get my giant fire & ice dragon to stand and flap his wings correctly.
My main problem is my grim reaper inflatable. It's 16 ft tall and he doesn't stay up very well. I haven't even tried to tie him down yet, because I need someone to help me stabilize him so I can get the stakes in correctly. He did come with some very nice metal spiral stakes and decent rope, but I'm not sure of the best way to get him tied down since he only has two connection points (I would think four would have been better). I'm scared to inflate him since he might end up on some spikey bushes or the driveway or on the fence.
Anyone have an suggestions on how to get him set up correctly and safely?

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Black paracord. Just tie a loop around the waist and another loop at the shoulders,then use the paracord loops to add as many guy lines as you want. This is better than the two connection points because it distributes the stress across a much larger area. And the black paracord will be fairly invisible against the black portions of the grim reaper robe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts