Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my version of corpsing the Talking Thru Boris skull. If you have one of these lying around, I suggest you try this project. It's easy and fast (less than an hour per skull), and the corpsed skull looks much better than it did before.

First, I opened the skull and cut the wires to the LEDs and speaker. I wouldn't suggest leaving the speaker in. Its a very low quality, muffled speaker. You can leave the LEDs in if you want, but I chose not to.

I used the old cotton ball and latex technique, stretching the cotton across the eyes like eyelids, and made it look like decaying cheeks, and across the nose. Make sure that you do the corpsing for the cheeks with the mouth completely open, so that it can talk correctly when the project is done. Finally, I brushed some brown shoe polish across the latex, and covered it in enamel spray paint coating to give it a shiny gloss, and protect the polish.

Here are the pictures. Let me know what you think, and I hope you try this easy project.

Before Corpsing:

Starting on the jaw:

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Hey, Boris looks good! You mentioned cutting the speaker wire - did you solder a resistor to the cut wires to simulate the load? If you want to have Boris run from a CD or MP3 player, here's a hack that will let you plug him in:
Otaku's Boris Hack

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, Boris looks good! You mentioned cutting the speaker wire - did you solder a resistor to the cut wires to simulate the load? If you want to have Boris run from a CD or MP3 player, here's a hack that will let you plug him in:
Otaku's Boris Hack
not yet, but I did see that article, along with the other one on that site, and the one from wolfstone. I was planning on hacking it using your tutorial before Halloween comes.

·
Registered
14,216 Posts
Love the corpsed effects on old Boris, Nightrideproductions. I bought two of these guys last year but didn't have any time to play with them. This will give me something to think about for the outside of it. Nice job!

·
Registered
14,216 Posts
I bought two of these guys a few years back after joining HF and seeing some of the audio and eye hacks on him. Can't say I recall seeing him corpsed before. You did a great job on him. Thanks for the motivation photos!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts