Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So first let me start off with a little introduction. I've always been a big fan of animatronics. I even have my own billy bob from showbiz pizza. Unfortunately he's in storage in my parents basement while I'm living in an apartment. But acquiring him got me into the mechanics and electronics that goes into them. I have an electrical background and a hobbyist knowledge of electronics and microcontrollers. I've been doodling around with creating servo based animatronics while I was developing a show controller for my billy bob. Most of them were a flop. My weak points are lack of creativity, artsmanship, and craftsmanship. In my endevers I've came across this forum several times. But I've never had a Halloween based project to share, until now. My last project that I actually completed for a change was a tiki head with leds and synced with music. While trying to come up with my next project I revisited the site I bought the tiki head from and acquired a skull and crossbones.

The plan right now is to make him talk and rotate back and forth with servos. He'll hang on the wall so im going to make an old sail to hang behind him to hide the electronics. I'll have leds to light him up and I want to try to write a secret message in black light paint on the sail so at one part of the show uv leds will turn on and reveal a message.

I like to make youtube videos so I uploaded a video showing what I've done so far which has been adding a servo to move the mouth:

·
Hauntless
8,340 Posts
That's turning out to be a cool prop and I agree that making it rock back and forth will make a fun addition. I subscribed as well to your channel (I'm scaryladyvideos)

Hope you don't mind but I edited your post to embed the video. You use the filmstrip icon for that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts