Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, like many others, am already thinking about next year. I was thinking about a animatronic "puppet" skeleton sitting a cage, that can talk with the tot's. I thought it would be easy to find something like this, but I can not. Maybe I'm not wording it right. I imagine it would have to be a 3-axis skull, but I don't want pre-recorded audio, I want to be able to talk through a microphone, and have the skull jaw move.

Has anyone done something like this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have not done something like this but I have seen this. I actually believe there is an old thread on how to get the jaw to sync with your voice. I wish I could remember which one, but it would be worth it to cruise some older posts. I love the idea though and I hope you figure it so we can see some pics next year.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Check out my site, I have what you're looking for. ;)
http://www.audioservocontroller.com
I did this.... Used a Shiatsu massager for the arm and head movement and the skull is a scary terry skull... then used J-Man's audio controller to make it all talk. The audio is actually stripped from the 1954 Movie "Return to Treasure Island" and spliced together to get what you see... J-Man has all the stuff you need to build one though (even has a cool random eye movement setup!). Go to my build page (page 7 I believe) to see the construction of my skelly

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
What you need to do:
have 3 axis skull. Get trackskull software from monkeybasics.com that give u pupet mode.

http://www.monkeybasic.com/Products/TrackSkull/features-requirements.html#.VEE-WHrn_qB

Control board for servos needs to be comparible with trackskull!!! Im usind lightorama servodog. But u can get other ones. Pupet mode accepts joystick and ir camera.
Audio use mic to pc or any small amp with mic input and speakers output.
U may need to setup small surveillance cam outside and whatch tots from hidden place!

You idea actually not as hard. Most complicated part its skull!!! You need to build one or buy one. So many diff designs on web. Good luck. Pm me if any questions.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Thanks, though I in general understand the creating a pre-recorded scene. I want an interaction scene where I can have a conversation with the TOTs through the skeleton.
You can use a microphone with my controller. Depending on the mic, you may need to put it through a pre-amp first.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
Sounds like you just need one of the old "Talking Boris" skulls with the microbone microphone.

That would be the easiest way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts