Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on a motion activated talking gargoyle pedestal. It was inspired by something I saw online. I have built the pedestal and primed it. Here are some pictures. I plan to paint it and the gargoyle Krylon fleck stone. Take a look and let me know what you think.

IMG_0497[1].jpg

IMG_0496[1].jpg

IMG_0495[1].jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have some gargoyles I'm considering, but they're smaller than the Spirit store one. To get it to stand approximately the same height with a smaller gargoyle I made the pedestal taller. It's about two feet tall. The gargoyles I'm looking at are between 12 and 17 inches tall. That will make it stand approximately three feet tall. I'm not going to be able to light the eyes because the gargoyles I'm looking at are not hollow. I will be able to do the motion activated sound though, so I'm happy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A small update. I picked a Gargoyle and ordered it. I photo-shopped the Gargoyle (to scale) into an image of my pedestal to get a sense how it would look. Keep in mind it will all be painted to look like one stone piece. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Gargoyle Display Concept.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A small update. I was working on an art commission, so this had been put to the side. I'm back to it now. The Gargoyle has been attached to the pedestal and everything is primed to get a feel for the overall look. I've also downloaded some sounds for the electronics, but I haven't decided yet. Here's an image of it before I paint it. Take a look and let me know what you think!

primed gargoyle.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More Progress

I have finished painting and weathering the Gargoyle Pedestal! All that's left is to clear coat it and mount the electronics! I'm pretty proud of it. Take a look and let me know what you think!

painted Gargoyle.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts