Halloween Forum banner

Take Pictures of Your Spread!

8K views 56 replies 32 participants last post by  dippedstix 
#1 ·
Greetings All,

Just wanted to remind all you hostesses to get photo's of your food for your parties. We sure could use a lot more pictures of our food spreads. After Halloween we could make an album of food pictures, it sure would help other members to be able to see what some of these spreads look like!

Advice: Since its the most craziest time just before your guests arrive & you are putting your food out, either have your camera ready to go or have a friend that will take the photo's for you.

#2 ·
this is an excellent idea and if we could take pictures of not just the whole spread, but maybe individual items that are esecially good then we could have a thread with a breakdown of different food categories, drinks, appetizers, main course, desserts, soups and those could event get broken down that would help out a lot of people who are new or just wanting a specific idea.

#4 ·
I almost always forget to take pics of the food. In 2007 and 2008, I kept a camera in the kitchen with me, and took pics while I was preparing it. That way I also had pics of how I made things, for my future recipe page. Half the time, we always end up getting pictures of the leftovers.... Not as visually stimulating LOL

#8 ·
It was a heavenly raspberry trifle with heavy cream under the "Kitty Litter" that a good friend made... We got to keep a large portion of it since there seemed to be so much left over. :D It was delicious!

#12 ·
Halloween Party Food 2008

This is the food I made for my party last year:

Spooky Spread on Day-Old Bread (white bean spread on crostinis), Vegetable Vertebrae Wraps, Poisoned Apples, Bloodshot Eyeball Cupcakes (red velvet!), All Hallow's Eve Balls (chcolate truffles), Goblin Guts (guacamole), Dried Bat Wings (blue corn chips)

Mold Dip and Skin Flake Crackers (spinach dip and crackers), Mashed Brains (salsa), Toenail Brittle (peanut brittle), Mummy Eyeballs (peanut butter rice crispy balls with chocolate and golden raisins), Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies, Dead Man's Fingers (breadsticks)

Also had Stuffed Eyeballs (stuffed mushrooms with olive and pimento pupils)

I have close-ups of everything if anyone wants to see.

Drinks and soup area

Slime Soda (homemade lime soda)

Anti-Vampire Soup (poached garlic soup, purreed with spinach) served in paper cups

Warm Vampire Blood (a warm, spiced, cranberry punch)

#21 ·
V_gan, That is awesome, my gf and i are having our first Halloween party this year, and were both vegetarians. I was fretting so bad that there was nothing vegetarian/Vegan that our meat eating aquantinces would enjoy, lol. If you don't mind me asking what did you use for the vegetable wraps? you've inspired me. lol And Frankies_girl I am in love with the kitty litter cake! What was the topping of it? looks to me like:confused: parmesan? :confused:

#22 ·
V_gan, That is awesome, my gf and i are having our first Halloween party this year, and were both vegetarians. I was fretting so bad that there was nothing vegetarian/Vegan that our meat eating aquantinces would enjoy, lol. If you don't mind me asking what did you use for the vegetable wraps? you've inspired me. lol
Thanks! I would say about 80-90% of our guests are omnivores, with the rest either being vegetarian or vegan. Everyone loved the food! As long as the food you're making isn't obviously vegan or vegetarian (like including faux meat), the omnivore guests will never even second guess anything. If your food looks and tastes good enough, most won't even notice the absence of meat. I had tofu in the stuffed mushrooms, and non-dairy cream cheese in the spinach dip and vegetable wraps. Everyone loved them, and they were the first to go!

And no one will ever notice if you replace the milk and eggs in baked goods. There is also animal-free gelatin available if you're looking to make any jell-o molds. :)

#31 ·
Sure! It's from VegParadise.com:

VAMPIRE'S BLOOD
Hot Spiced Cranberry Punch

Yield: about 4 quarts (4 liters)

2 quarts (2 liters) unsweetened cranberry juice
6 cups (1.5 liters) water
2 cups (440 ml) white grape juice concentrate
Organic sugar to taste
4 sticks cinnamon
10 whole cloves
Lemon slices

Combine all the ingredients in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove the spices and float lemon slices in the punch.
For an informal approach, have a long-handled ladle in a spoon-rest nearby, and serve from the stovetop. Keep the punch warm on low heat. Serve in paper or styrofoam hot cups.
Alternatively, carefully and slowly pour the punch into a punch bowl and place on a heat-protected table or countertop. Serve in small glass punch cups.

#25 ·
V -gan.... you are very inspiring. I'm gluten intolerant, have a meat allergy & have to watch the sugar intake. I still cook for everyone else & usually have just my chicken breast. I'm just coming to terms with this after being a lifetime cook of all kinds of ethnic foods plus a baker. Now I'm starting to take each thing I eat & change the recipes to ingredients I can take. I'm still in denial a little bit but when I eat the foods I can't have the pain in my feet & hands would knock your socks off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.