Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics from my haunt this year in Sydney.

Got hooked last year when I setup a rudimentary flying fox dude with some sound effects and scared a bunch of littl'uns. This year made 2 pneumatic props (as shown in the pics below). One was a simple grave popper who worked pretty well, and the other was the Popup monster who got most of the scares. He poppped up to around 10 feet and had a pretty good scream on him. I also had a scrim based scare in the closed off section of the porch which didn't get many scares. A few of the more game kids reckoned 'that wasn't scary at all'. Which means the gloves are off for next year's haunt :D

Also had a fog machine setup, but we had galeforce winds for most of the day so it was pretty much useless. Will probably move that into the porch next year if it's like that again and use it for a better effect with my next creation that's going in there (some sort of popout corpse with some rattling coffins). That should get em.

Halloween's nowhere near as big down under, but every year I'm noticing more trick or treaters as well as more homes prepared to setup and hand some candy (lollies out). Had over 120 kids this year which was about double on last year. Way fun :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, looks good! Did you create your own tomstones? Must of been great to hear those screams......pure satisfaction! :D
Hi Mistress. Yep, used the massive amount of info online as a guide and made them myself. Took a while to find suitable foam sheeting and ended up getting it from a florist of all places. Pretty much everything I did prop wise was inspired from some of the other fantastic sites online. It's brilliant to see so many people willingly take the time to put that information online for the benefit of all. I certainly would have been lost without it.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Good looking cemetery! You got WAY more trick or treaters than alot of us here in the states get.
What type of costumes do the kids wear there?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good looking cemetery! You got WAY more trick or treaters than alot of us here in the states get.
What type of costumes do the kids wear there?
A lot of ghosts, about 4 Darth Vaders (I think a local shop had that costume, lol), a few of the older kids with just accessories like devil horns or masks. A few fairies and Snow Whites etc.

We were really happy with the turnout this year. It's very much a neighbourhood to neighbourhood thing over here too, you'll find that some areas don't have it at all, but in my street I've gotten to know a few other homeowners who have kids too and enjoy having a bit of fun with their kids on the night so they get into it more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts