Halloween Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned in the Theme for 2015 thread, I want to do a medieval/wizards/LOTR/Excalibur theme for 2015. One of my props is going to be Merlin conjuring over a cauldron and, excuse me for bastardizing the story of Excalibur, him raising a sword out of the cauldron.

The problem is having a tall enough cauldron that the sword will look impressive coming out of it.

Driving home Monday night and I happened to see something big and black on the sidewalk. I thought, no freaking way is that what I thought it was. Get a quarter mile down the road to a turnaround spot, head back, and sure enough. It's a huge black landscaping pot used for trees, perfect for my Excalibur cauldron.

It's obviously used, but it's in great shape.

I'm going to use it epoxied on top of a rope-handled bucket and make a super cauldron. With those two stacked, I'll have a full 36" of depth to play with. Using a foot or so of sword already projecting out of the top of the upper cauldron, I can make a pretty respectable sword rise from Merlin's cauldron.

Here's a shot of a normal rope handle bucket next to my find.

Bucket Floor Flooring Tile Plastic

Doesn't look that big until you stack 'em.

Plastic Flowerpot Bucket

And then compare the stacked cauldron size to a normal rope handle bucket cauldron.

Tire Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Plastic Cookware and bakeware

Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked about lucking into this thing. It also might give someone an idea for building a really big cauldron by maybe hitting up a landscape company and offering to take one of their tree buckets off of their hands if they're willing to part with one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.