Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am quite new to face paints and am looking in to makeup or face paint that is water, sweat and smudge proof.
I am going to be working in a club and doing minor makeup on people, such as cat nose and whiskers.
Last time I did it in a club it was fine I used a waterproof eyeliner but it wasn't smudge-proof.

I need some advice and tips if possible from experts on what you recommend. I need a quick trick that won't take up to much time with clients since it's not full face makeup.

Any advice would be appreciated

p.s I have my next gig in March 2013

thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Agreed. Alcohol-activated makeup is really the only stuff that will stand up to most anything. Otherwise, just for liner-type makeup, there's a couple of high-end cosmetic liners that I've used that will set and don't really move. The ones I've tried are by Urban Decay and Make Up For Ever.

·
Registered
163 Posts
MAC's gel eyeliner is pretty bulletproof once it has dried, but I agree that alcohol makeup is your best bet. HOWEVER, be aware that if people are drinking and dancing the makeup wlll start to break down as they sweat the alcohol out of their pores. This has happened to me on set with an actor who spent the previous night partying, it was a pain in the ***.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts