Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing Diabolik's swaying zombie project, I knew this was something I wanted in my haunt. I ordered two of the complete kits and myself and lewlew (another local haunter and member here) built them yesterday. We ended up with a couple of awesome full standing/moving armatures. Here are a few pics of them. lewlew got some video, which I didn't so hoping he posts it of the props in action. So I don't double post in the review section, I'll give kudos to Ryan (Diabolik) for a most excellent prop kit. This thing will last for many years and if something should go wrong, it is easily repairable by the owner, unlike the animatronic crap you buy from other places. The most unique feature of this is the machined aluminum waist plate that already has the wiper motor and leg mounts attached. You essentially put the pvc pipe pieces( all of which you supply except the spine and hip pivot piece) in their right place, plug it in and let her rip. You can dress it anyway you like. All of the math, measurements and figuring are done for you, and for me, this was right up my alley. If you're looking for a great prop kit that will give you a long lasting and customizable figure, check these out.

Here's a link to the original project.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/128098-spider-hills-swaying-zombie-smiley.html?highlight=

·
Registered
203 Posts
Here is some video of the build that jdubbya and I did with the kits provided by Diabolik. I have to say this was the easiest build of a prop that I have ever done and it's all thanks to Diabolik. The kit is super easy and everything is labeled right down to which is the fron and which is the back. Couldn't have been happier with it! Jdubbya ALSO failed to mention that HE PAID FOR MY KIT!!!! So awesome having other haunters nearby, and certainly those who are so generous with their time and expertise! THANK YOU JERRY!!!!

Here's the video:

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,745 Posts
These look great. We appreciate the feedback and I'm glad you guys like the kits. I am looking forward to seeing the finished props.

For anyone looking for these, you will not find them on our site yet, but they will be there shortly. We just ordered more of the machined parts. I still have 1 kit available from this run.

Thanks,

D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts