Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New prop for 2013. Swaying zombie prop using a wiper motor for the movement, tstraub's 4 ch prop controller with a PIR trigger. The head is a cosmetology student head, I'm still on the fence if I should add hair or not.

Sorry about the video, its hard to shoot video, trigger the prop and turn off the lights by yourself. My wife and kids wont go into the basement since "Brad" has show up. (the cosmetology head read "Mr. Brad" on the neck)

·
Registered
426 Posts
There's something really realistic about his face and movement. Great job with him! I wouldn't want to be too close to Mr. Brad at night, either ;)

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,498 Posts
Fantastic! Love the movement. The head and hands are great. Personally I would leave the head as is. Looks more menacing w/o hair. Good job on the sound track as well. Any pics of the mechanism?

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Hair is always a good question. If you add long hair, it could be freaky in that the face will be partially covered and revealed as it moves. Long mangly hair can be creepy.
On the other had, if the head/face are really good, clear and well defined, it's a shame to hide them.

You could do a few strands of longish clumps, kind of like the hair is falling out look (I am personally familiar with that condition)

Props can change in time too; this year bald, next year hair, the year after who knows.

He's really cool so I don't think you can go wrong.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I love him. You did a great job with the movement and the sound fits just right. He will be a super fit in your haunt. Make sure you post a video with him on the 31st. so we can see the TOT reactions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts