Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ice cubes. My local Del Taco will fill up a large cooler (I generally use a 50-quart size) with ice for free. Many fast food restaurants will. My ground fogger sits inside a wooden box with a fan blowing the fog through the ice. Works great due to the large surface area the fog has to pass through. Since it sits on the ground I don't care about the water from the melting i

·
Registered
82 Posts
I use small sour cream and yogurt containers, filled with water and frozen. This may not be the most efficient way to chill fog, but they are easy to empty at the end of the night, with no mess.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I use frozen water bottles in a long piece of flex pipe. I have a few holes strategically drilled in the pipe to let fog out as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've used a combination of freeze packs (wife's meds arrive cold monthly), bagged ice cubes, frozen milk jugs that I freeze in the garage fridge. Anything cold is going to help. The frozen water bottles is a new one to me so I'll add that this year!

·
Registered
305 Posts
The frozen water bottles in the pipe worked well for me last year until the end of the night when the wind picked up just enough that the neighbors got all my awesome fog. I don't think any amount of chilling would have made a difference. I'm happy with my setup and probably won't change it this year (except I'm hoping to add a fog machine)

·
Grand WaZoo
839 Posts
Cubed ice? Block ice? Dry ice? Frozen water bottles? Something else? Looking for ideas.
Your just wasting you time and effort on trying to chill your fog with half rotten hearted measures. ;)

Search in the prop section on how to make a real fog chiller for your fog machine. Mine were made out of cheap large coolers, plumbing fixtures, computer fans powered from old computer power supplies, and hardware cloth screen, which were easy to make. Essentially make about 3" tube out of the hardware cloth about the same size as you plumbing fixtures. Drill the cooler both ends and fit screen tube into it and then with the plumbing and fan build and intake and exhaust from the cooler. Put fog machine at your intake, then fill the coolers with bag ice and your good for the whole night of watching your fog blow out and hug the ground!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your just wasting you time and effort on trying to chill your fog with half rotten hearted measures. ;)

Search in the prop section on how to make a real fog chiller for your fog machine. Mine were made out of cheap large coolers, plumbing fixtures, computer fans powered from old computer power supplies, and hardware cloth screen, which were easy to make. Essentially make about 3" tube out of the hardware cloth about the same size as you plumbing fixtures. Drill the cooler both ends and fit screen tube into it and then with the plumbing and fan build and intake and exhaust from the cooler. Put fog machine at your intake, then fill the coolers with bag ice and your good for the whole night of watching your fog blow out and hug the ground!
Ok, so your solution is.....the first option I listed.....cubed ice.

·
Grand WaZoo
839 Posts
Ok, so your solution is.....the first option I listed.....cubed ice.
No, its a bit more then just a few ice cubes. It's more on HOW you chill the fog, you can use anything from dry to chipped ice to chill it but if you want it to stay on the ground you better have a good way of HOW to chill it and move the fog where you want.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts