Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Thought I would come to the boards and ask you very creative people for some ideas for a surprise Halloween wedding!

Basically, I throw a big Halloween party every year, and this year a family member and her boyfriend will be getting married, it will be a total surprise to all the guests. They hired a JP who will be coming in costume to do the ceremony.

I have a large graveyard in my front yard, so it will be taking place there. Looking for any cool ideas, they were debating coming to the party as Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein, anyone have any other good ideas for costumes for them?

I have two coffins I can put in the yard, maybe have them raise up from them?

Release bats instead of doves?! 8)

Just looking for any ideas you all may have to make this a fun and successful night!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Sounds fun! They could do jack and sally, or the corpse bride, morticia and Gomez, but I do love the classic Frankie and his bride :) maybe instead of a Cinderella pumpkin coach you could have them arrive in a hearse or an old black funeral carriage (make one if there aren't any available to rent?)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello all!

Thought I would come to the boards and ask you very creative people for some ideas for a surprise Halloween wedding!

Basically, I throw a big Halloween party every year, and this year a family member and her boyfriend will be getting married, it will be a total surprise to all the guests. They hired a JP who will be coming in costume to do the ceremony.

I have a large graveyard in my front yard, so it will be taking place there. Looking for any cool ideas, they were debating coming to the party as Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein, anyone have any other good ideas for costumes for them?

I have two coffins I can put in the yard, maybe have them raise up from them?

Release bats instead of doves?! 8)

Just looking for any ideas you all may have to make this a fun and successful night!
They could dress up as Victor and Emily from the Tim Burton movie The Corpse Bride. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
We got married in 2012 at 11:13am on Halloween (enough time after it to finish getting ready for the TOT's).

We did it in our yard haunt/graveyard. Our JP also dressed up and all attendees came as zombies.

The fog machine thru a chiller was a great hit, also played the funeral theme instead of Here comes the Bride musical theme for aisle walking.

Nasty looking punch and fingure food worked better than three course meal because most people, and myself, wanted to still do Halloween at 5ish when kids start coming around.

Each attendee got their own skull glass and spider based utensils and plate.

A couple skeletons around the yard holding video camera or smartphone or something is a fun way to capture the event.

Just some of our ideas we used :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
My 5th anniversary is coming up this Halloween, so I'll tell you what we did. My hisband and I were Wesley and buttercup from the princess bride. I had our music selected from the score of Phantom of the Opera. We chose to g et married at 8, which is afyer most of the ToTers were done. It also meant that we fed our guests hors d'ouvres rather than a full meal, and instead of a cake we did a tower of halloweeen themed cupcakes.

·
Registered
696 Posts
All of the above ideas sound good, but since it is a surprise wedding and "we are all doing pirates this year" ;) sound like a good opportunity to do Will Turner and Elisabeth Swan.

(I also like a nightmare before Christmas theme.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts