Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this past year has been sheer hell for our family. So many bad things have happened. I'm currently just trying to keep my head above the water. Maybe I can tread a bit more before just saying to hell with it.

Trying to put up a small scale halloween display ---- raining here today, and some pretty heavy family stuff going on ---- and I'm asking myself, is it even worth putting up the display at all? Should I just start carrying these plastic storage bins back to the attic, turning the lights off this next Saturday, and spending it in bed watching movies?

Surely, life will improve. Right?

Have missed being around the boards and joining in the fun. But to be honest, it's just been too damn dreary and depressing around here for me to enjoy the fun.

I am thinking of you all.... and hoping that everyone's displays are up, or going up well! I will think of the HalloweenForum community this Saturday, and send out big spooky Halloween wishes for all of you!!!

Your Pal Down in the South...

StanFam3 / Becca

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I'm sorry for any misfortunes you and your family may be having. As hard as it may be, maybe doing something you love will bring some relief, even if minor, and give a break from the negative. Stay strong. :)

·
Seer of All
2,937 Posts
I hear ya loud and clear - it's been that kind of year for us too. Sometimes it just seems it will never end, right? All we can do is hope for better times and try and find some joy where we can. Keeping your family in my thoughts.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,877 Posts
Sorry to hear that you're going through hard times, hope it blows over soon and you get back to enjoying carefree, uneventful days, Halloween will always be around just take care of yourself and hopefully things will get better

·
Registered
212 Posts
so srroy to hear that you are going thu some hard times, i am right there with you but am taking this year off due to heath issues, hope to get back on my feet next year, lost my dad in dec then got sick one dr after another

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all.

After the events of today, I think I'm cancelling halloween here all together. I just don't have it in me to follow thru with it all. What's been put up, can come down tomorrow.... and I'll make an announcement on our FB page. I'm at the end of my rope mentally and emotionally..... and not even halloween seems to be helping me find any joy at the moment.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,276 Posts
Sorry you've had a rough time and I'm hoping that things start to look brighter for you. :) Though I've never been able to pull off a large-scale display, working on Halloween props and projects is what keeps me going sometimes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts