Halloween Forum banner

Sur La Table LIED!!!!

999 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  boobear 
#1 ·
So, I was in the store the other day and they had this tea light haunted house in the store.

House Home Architecture Building Illustration

I had been very excited about it when I first saw it on their web site as it looks like one they had years ago that I didn't find out about till after the fact. However, the main element that made it so cool to me I couldn't tell if was in this one, namely, a witch silhouette in the upper window when it's lit.

I asked immediately on the Sur La Table product page whether this one had the witch in the window, and provided a picture of their one from years ago. After a few days, I got an answer of "No".

Well, turns out, that is COMPLETELY wrong! I got a $10 off coupon in the mail from them yesterday, so back to the store I went today. Still a bit more than I wanted to pay at $30+tax, but don't want to risk they'll sell out before sale time as it's been on my search list for awhile now. I didn't think I'd ever get it! The witch is hard to see just looking at it not lit up (people working in the store didn't even know it was there), and I'm going to have to find a nice bright light to put in it (my electric tea lights and little small real candle tea light aren't bright enough), but it will look like this when lit up (my spiderweb spider, and window panes are all the same color so not white like this picture). It's very cool you don't notice the witch till it gets lit up as it's a dark orange on orange window....very hard to see without angling in the light.

Room Hearth Wood Building House

I may even take some of those little mini led on black, bendable wire and run it around parts of the house as decoration, or since they are so bright, run them through the inside to light it up. Since they have a timer on them, would even come on automatically ea night which would be cool.

If you look it up on their site, the dimensions are COMPLETELY wrong on this house It's closer to 16" tall, 12" wide, and 6-3/4" deep.

See less See more
#4 ·
Sumrtym I noticed that house in the SurLaTable catalog I got in the mail yesterday. The last two back inside pages are halloween items. I have a somewhat similar metal tea light house I bought from Target a few years ago, otherwise would be lookong to pick SLT's up. Glad you got it and with a coupon! Good deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.