Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice work Bigant, very straight forward design. How much weight do you think one of the the door actuators could handle? Would like to see if I can borrow this for use on a toe pincher coffin made from picket fence.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice work Bigant, very straight forward design. How much weight do you think one of the the door actuators could handle? Would like to see if I can borrow this for use on a toe pincher coffin made from picket fence.
Thanks!!!! To be honest I dont know how much weight they will lift. It all depends on how many amps you give it I suppose. I am using a 500mah power supply on my haunted urn prop and it takes a lot of force to push it back down! When I first built this prop I was using cheap dollar store batteries and it wouldnt lift the lid at all. I put better duracel batteries in it and as you can see it throws the lid up without any issues at all because the better batteries have more amps. For as cheap as they are I would say buy a set and give it a shot worst case you are out 10 bucks but im sure you could easily find other uses for them!!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You are very creative. I wish I could do stuff like that. Makes me want to buy all that stuff just to give it a try. Does the remote come with any of that? Did you say you had a parts list and links ? Just in case I wade into these waters. Thanks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put a link to each of the parts I bought off amazon in the description of the video, you can get two actuators for 10 bucks, 2 battery boxes for 6 bucks, and the 12v relay is 11 bucks. you only need one battery box and one actuator to build this so you will have spare parts if you need them or make another prop as well! I built this entire thing for less than 40 bucks including the box. its very fun to mess around with these parts and see how they work and come up with fun ideas to use them on

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually just bought a 12v vibrating motor off amazon just now for 7 bucks Im going to wire it up one of the other relays on the board so one button will make the box shake the other button makes it open and close! should be fun!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
IF a Motor is too wek..

I make the mechanical part into a teeter-totter which then helps a weak motor to upset the balance,lifting the "THING"
Steel springs may also work to do the same thing.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BIGANT. How were you able to get free 2 day shipping? Did you sign up for the Amazon trial?
Yeah I have amazon prime I think you can get a free trial though and still get the two day but I could be wrong

·
Registered
492 Posts
This is so cool. I'm only just getting started playing with relays and this wireless remote one looks great!

Anyone think the door actuators could lift a foam ghoul? Trying to think about how to use this to make something pop up from behind a gravestone.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
It might also look cool to mount one on the bottom to make it jump like I've seen done with the garbage cans. Lid popping open and jumping around.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here is a quick diagram for anyone looking to make one using the same parts I did here monster in a box .jpg

1 - 20 of 104 Posts