Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, fellow haunters! I'm starting my big build project for this year: a full-sized mausoleum! I'm very excited about it. I'm thinking the panels of the attached diagram should be 4' x 8' panels of foam (or wood).

Mausoleum.jpg

Now, for those of you who have much more build experience than me, I have a few questions:
1)Wood or foam?
2)Suggestions for joints to make it easy to break down and store during the off-season?

And feel free to share your photos of completed mausoleums, too!

Thank you,
JaCk

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I would make it out of OSB with 2x4 framing. To take apart, I would just have to unscrew the joints. I have panels I use in my walk thru that use the same concept....or just make a shed out of it to store all you stuff

·
Registered
461 Posts
We built a wood frame and made the walls and roof from foam. Assembly is by using L brackets to hold in the walls in place. Easy to put together and take apart and light as well!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Used foam on mine as well with 1x frames. I drilled holes all the way through and used threaded inserts. That way I don't keep drilling into the same hole every year. Helps it last longer, and don't have to worry about leaving the brackets in and putting holes in other panels. The threaded inserts can be found at lowes and homedepot, just ask if you are not sure, they usually know exactly what you are asking about. I put the inserts in first and put the foam over, so it will hide them while you are looking at it close up.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Used foam glues to luan, gives a more ridged structure, on the inside it has framing around each panel, which I run bolts and nuts through to attach them together. This construction makes each panel lighter than OSB, thus making set up and break down less of an exercise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts