Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me? I just bought a pallet, (about 30 4' x 8' sheets) of 2" pink styrofoam from Menards for only $15 and I'm ready to get started!!!
I recently saw a picture on here of a facade someone made for the front of their house out of styrofoam. I thought I saved it, but I cannot find it now. It wasn't anything extravagant, but I thought it looked great! I've tried searching the site to no avail :(

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
I've done a few facades, but they all started with a support wall of some kind. I've also made several other props out of foam. Here are some pics:

Cactus:

Tikis:

Capitol Headboard:

Head Stones and Death Tree:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Okay, how in the HELL! How did you get it so cheap? I am paying 10 dollars per sheet!?!?!

·
Dead and loving it.
1,620 Posts
Ok, first off...you suck for getting such a GOOD DEAL!

Second, what type of facade are you looking to do? I am using a quikrete walk maker to press out the pattern on mine. Quikrete at Lowe's: Walk Maker Country Stone Concrete Form is where I bought it from.

If you press out the template, you can dremel out the lines and it looks like a stone wall.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, first off, I should have explained that it was a pallet full of damaged styrofoam, but the damage is so insignificant and actually adds alot of character to the styrofoam. I didn't have any luck finding pallets of damaged styrofoam at Home Depot or Lowes, but if you check your local Menards, they usually do. The Menards in Joliet, IL had 5 pallets of damaged styrofoam, all for $15 per pallet. INCREDIBLE DEAL when you consider you're going to cut it up, paint it, carve it, etc.
DucDukGoose, thanks for the links....I'll definitely check them out!
LV Scott T, awesome pics!
Thanks Dionicia.....I'll consider that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts