Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you go by the number of pieces of candy you give out? It's hard to regulate sometimes, older kids like to sneak two or three and we get repeat offenders coming back a couple times to see the display. We always eat a bunch too, might have to make a separate bowl to not screw up the count.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
I go by the candy count. Even with a few double dippers, we're pretty accurate in terms of total numbers. Gotta start buying candy this weekend!

·
Registered
457 Posts
the only problem I run into is Id like to know the TOTAL number of visitors... generally the adults who go thru the haunt dont take a goody bag.. so although I get a fairly accurate number on the TOT's I still dont know about the grand total.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Go and purchase one of those hand held clicker counters. Not sure who would carry them, but you could easily click off the number of visitors as they made their way through the haunt/display. I'm tempted to do this myself this year so as to get a real number of visitors.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Hand held clickers or a hidden video camera.

For the kids that try and come back with a diffren't mask, I'll give them more. I mean if they can change there costume that's showing some spirit right? Yea grandit there kids and want candy but still.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Our head count has steadily risen over the past two years to be about 60. We fill 75 bags and leave the rest of the candy loose. I have no problem giving out a couple of pieces each of loose candy if the bags run out. We haven't run out of bags yet, but it's the bag count that we go by, as far as head count. And the count keeps rising, as our house and all the deco is catching on! Hmmm- maybe we'll do 100 bags this year, if it doesn't rain!

Dan

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
We use the following method:

Count every third ToT'er, multiply that by the number of days between the first autumn full moon and the last summer full moon, divide by the square root of 18, then subtract 99 (favorite number), add in the number served by the neighbor three doors to the east and add 1.

Once we have the final figure we compare it to the hand-held counter and take the higher if the two numbers! Ba ha ha ha haa!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts