Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the newest animated creature addition to my graveyard. I think he'll provide a few TOT's with a scare this year.
I used a 3/4 bore, 16 inch throw cylinder and the prop was run with one of my Picaxe controllers.

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
What a fantastic prop! It's a cool idea to combine the half casket with a snake - perfect pairing. Don't you just love L-brackets? They are the duct tape of the hardware world :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great prop! I have been looking to build one of these but could not find a suitable sanke. Can you tell me where you found yours.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
Awesome job ! Hind-site- I would probably install the fittings for a spitter just in case you want that option later if you don't use it this year........but great job so far ! Love the partial unearthed casket & body with the snake.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone.
I got the snake from ScullyBones here on the forum when he was selling some things but it's a pretty common item in the Halloween stores.
I haven't added the Great Stuff to the head area where I installed the bracket yet so I can still add the spitter if I decide to go that route.

·
Registered
361 Posts
This is nice. I opened this thread because I have been thinking about a striking snake for a while. The Halloween theme I am thinking of doing is "The Sewers of New York." I have been thinking of a pipe coming out of a wall with a large snake hiding inside, and striking out at the people. I don't have any experience with pneumatics. I as planning on making a giant snake puppet that someone will operate. We will see how it goes...

By the way, when you said in your video that you got your speakers from Big Lots, I glanced at the ones I am using because i too go them from Big Lots a number of years back. They are the exact same ones.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Halloweeentheme, this would be a great first time pneumatic project and your idea sounds cool. Would love to see it if you decide to go forward.
The skeleton or at least the skull will be replaced once the props come out of storage. I just had this one out as I had won him at a make and take raffle last month.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts