Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching tonight this show on Travel channel "Scariest Halloween Attractions 2008" and it showcased a bunch of Haunted Houses around the nation. I saw this tank with a rattle snake in it. It didn't move or at least it didn't in the shot. Anyways, it gave me an idea. Has anyone done a striking snake prop with pneumatics or know how to do one? I know the Halloween stores have these huge 6-7' snakes this year that it could be done with, but how?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did a simple one a couple of years ago--placed a Cobra on the ground below my mailbox and staked the tail to the ground. Ran a straight ram up the mailbox post with monofiliment attached to the end. A couple of pulleys routed the mono under the mailbox and down to the snake head. When the ram tripped, the snake jumped.

·
Registered
361 Posts
snakes

We did a egyptian haunted house this year. I say DID because we do it at work and we set up the weekend before and do it on the Monday before Halloween. We had a bunch of snakes. A few 6 foot cobras. A nine foot one from fright catalog. We had a Cleopatra type queen sitting in a throne holding a striking rattlesnake prop, purchased from Walgreens for $20. Due to the darkness, and the fact that they were scared, most people did not realize it wasn't really a cobra. It was motion activated, but that did not work too well due to it being dark. Fortunately, by turning it on from the bottom, the eyes would light up, it would strike out, then rattle its tail. So, in other words, if you are in a time crunch, and doing mind the snake not being huge, call around at some walgreens and see it they have it.

A number of women saw all the snakes in the beginning and just turned around and ran out.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
We did a egyptian haunted house this year. I say DID because we do it at work and we set up the weekend before and do it on the Monday before Halloween. We had a bunch of snakes. A few 6 foot cobras. A nine foot one from fright catalog. We had a Cleopatra type queen sitting in a throne holding a striking rattlesnake prop, purchased from Walgreens for $20. Due to the darkness, and the fact that they were scared, most people did not realize it wasn't really a cobra. It was motion activated, but that did not work too well due to it being dark. Fortunately, by turning it on from the bottom, the eyes would light up, it would strike out, then rattle its tail. So, in other words, if you are in a time crunch, and doing mind the snake not being huge, call around at some walgreens and see it they have it.

A number of women saw all the snakes in the beginning and just turned around and ran out.
I got that snake too and put him on our backyard trail and he worked great he was a decoy for me as I was in a camo blind on the other side of the trail and rattle with a noise maker, which got them everytime. I just wish the snake was bigger. I would love one about 4' tall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts