Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like all of you I have been working year round on my haunt. Since late July I have escalated my production in the garage, really laying down the plan for what we are going to do this year. My garage has boxes of stuff on one wall, 4 nearly complete paper mache skeletons hanging in the middle and assortment of other projects scattered through the garage. To say the least, there isnt room for anything else.

Anyhow, so I planned to start setting up October 1st, as I promised my wife I would wait that long. September weather was excellent up here. I couldn't wait to get my columns and fence setup. Its all constructed, it just has never been up before. Also need to get them out of the way so I can setup my PVC wall structure, so I can really start laying out my walk through.

So I wake up yesterday and its raining! Its been in the 40's and raining ever since. Here is my weather report for the next 10 days: 10 Day Weather Forecast for Saint Cloud, MN (56303) - weather.com . Make sure to check out what they are forecasting for the 11th.

So not only is the weather not agreeing so I can get going on a rather busy month, but I fear this is the year we are going to have a Halloween blizzard. Lets just hope it is getting it out of the way early in the month. But certainly one of those times were I wish I lived in a warmer state. You get below freezing around here and your ToTs all magically disapear.

Anyone else experiencing horrible weather right now?

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Very windy today. 40-45 mph gusts. I was going to put out the decorations on the 1st but hubby saw the weather report and told me it was going to rain like dogs and cats. So, I dropped everything and put it up Sept. 30th. Yikes! Glad I did that or I'd still be waiting for the weather to clear.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugg! good thinking Terra. I should have watched the weather reports closer. Especially with that flooding last week. Should have had the forsight to know something was coming.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
We have had fairly consistant rain for the past few days. I had planned to put my fence/columns up as well but will wait now until next week. Our forecast is calling for rain pretty much every day next week so it'll be a crap shoot. I'm also hoping it's a weather pattern that will work itself out and we'll be set for some nice fall weather. I'd rather have it crappy now though if it means it will be nice towards Halloween. Last couple of years have been gorgeous.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I had to run out while it was hailing and get my tombstones in, hailstones hurt when they hit you lol!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Im in the same boat brother, its been windy and in the 40s here in chicago for the past few days.. can't even get anything out yet... grr

·
Registered
432 Posts
The U.S. National Weather Service publishes long-range forecast maps:

Precipitation, October 2009
The central U.S., from the Mississippi River west through the Great Plains will have above-average precipitation in October, especially around the Gulf of Mexico. The Pacific Northwest will have less precipitation than usual.

Temperature, October 2009
In most of the U.S., the temperatures in October have equal chances of being above normal, normal, or below normal. The exceptions are the central Rockies (below normal) and Maine (above normal).

·
Registered
340 Posts
I hope the weather clears for you!
I know that here in the Chicagoland area if I saw that forecast I would be very happy. I've come to learn that if they say rain 2 days out it's got a better than average chance of being sunny :D
I've been keeping tabs on todays weather for a week as I'm having a decorating party and the for cast for Sunday during the week went a little something like this: cloudy, sunny, sunny, cloudy, rainy, scatred showers and today it's few showers, but it's down to only 30% and I only see rain clouds over the lake so I'm hoping that it'll turn out to be a nice day!
I'll order some good weather for you next weekend for sure :). Today and tomorrow may be a little close but I'll send in the request.

·
Registered
340 Posts
My weather just changed again from the post above! I'm getting cloudy till 10am then partly sunny till 12 then scattered showers in the afternoon. A couple more hours and hopefully it will be nice and sunny here (or snowing, who knows;))
I hope the weather changes for the better for you Bubbels, I'll keep my fingers crossed

·
Registered
175 Posts
We're going threw a wet spell here as well in Ontario, Canada and Alberta had a snow storm warning just the other day! Snow is something I am definately NOT ready for yet. November 1st, fine, bring it on! LOL.

There's a good omen hanging weather wise for Halloween every year here. I remember we had snow early October a few years ago and then Halloween ended up being a comfortable 15C with no rain.

The weather on the big day is what matters most. I'd take a whole month of junky weather to have just one beautiful Halloween day/night.

Any day that relies heavily on the weather (weddings, outdoor family gatherings, even snowstorms at Christmas) can potentially slow down or change some things. The way I see it, I don't get my hopes up too much about certain events that call for good weather, and I always have back-up plans.

It's still early, so the weather could easily turn around for you. Hardcore TOTers will always be there!

·
crossfit zombie
7,610 Posts
I have decided that next year I will put the stuff out at the end of sept.Wheather here except for today has been windy-rainy and cold.My yard is a swamp.But I did get most up just had to wash alot of clothes becuase it looked like I had been rolling around in a pig pen.Today is so nice so I will hopefully finish up today and tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Cold rainy & windy, temps falling each week. Ugh.
It's a good thing my haunted maze is at least inside a shed out of the elements, even if it doesn't have heat. Saturday the temps were 45o as a high! We had to wear multiple layers & then remove some as we got hot from working.

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
Fall does have unprodictable weather.
October here is usually predictable. No rain until the night before my party. It freaks me out then stops leaving a beautiful night for a party. I am so scared about this year. It just will not stop raining here. Usually the odds are on my side but this year thay seem against me. It is raining right now. Please, Please don't let it rain on Halloween!

·
Registered
14,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadaverino
The U.S. National Weather Service publishes long-range forecast maps:

....In most of the U.S., the temperatures in October have equal chances of being above normal, normal, or below normal.
Okay, anybody else thought that was funny? heh.

Okay, anybody else thought that was funny? heh.:p

Yeah. I was reading it and did a Huh???? and they get paid for these weather forecasts?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts