Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where to get some leather straps for the victim of my electric chair??? Thanks!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Maybe go to a thrift store and pick up some leather belts and cut them down. it seems like cheap way to go.

·
Zombie Hunter
20,479 Posts
A place like Hot Topic might have some wrist bracelets that would work.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Maybe go to a thrift store and pick up some leather belts and cut them down. it seems like cheap way to go.
What zacharybinx said. I just got several from a thrift store (I think they were $2 US each) to replace the Velcro straps I have been using for the wrist and chest restraints. You can also find them at Salvation Army, etc. but finding several that could be used together for the same general look becomes a challenge.

For the leg restraints I still like the larger diameter PVC pipe sections I cut in half, added hinge and hasp hardware to, and spraypainted silver.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks guys. I'll be trying these ideas this week and see what I can come up with.

DEMON DOG: Do you have pics of your leg restraints? Sounds like a great idea and would love to see how they came out!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Sure, with a little help from my wife with the photo posting thing. First one of the new belts I bought at a local dollar store (that's what I meant by a thrift store). These will replace the Velcro straps my chair currently has. Velcro works, but just doesn't look ominous enough.

Here's the PVC leg restraints, one open and one closed. Looking at them again I can tell I cut a PVC coupling to get the extra wall thickness, not a section of PVC pipe as I thought I'd done.

And here's the complete chair, Ol' Sparky.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure, with a little help from my wife with the photo posting thing. First one of the new belts I bought at a local dollar store (that's what I meant by a thrift store). These will replace the Velcro straps my chair currently has. Velcro works, but just doesn't look ominous enough.

Here's the PVC leg restraints, one open and one closed. Looking at them again I can tell I cut a PVC coupling to get the extra wall thickness, not a section of PVC pipe as I thought I'd done.

And here's the complete chair, Ol' Sparky.
Wow, looks great! Thanks for the pics! Definitely gives me some ideas to work with. Thanks again!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have a Fleet Farm around that supplies horses and cattle equipment?
did you try ebay?

Web Search engines?
Unfortunately we don't have a fleet farm around here or anything really like that. I checked online and ebay but most everything is more expensive then I wanted. I went ahead and just got some Brown Leather Belts from a Dollar General Store. Picked up 4 of them (2 for wrists and 2 for Ankles) for $24. Thanks everybody for all your help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts