Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to make something like the alphabet wall from the show Stranger Things. There's a website called Stranger Gif that lets you make gifs with different messages if you want to see the general look.

I'm sure you can just use decals for the letters, but the lights look like they'd get really complicated. I think you'd need some sort of multi-channel LED display, and that sounds like a nightmare to program. I suppose you could also just project the whole thing if you had a projector, but that doesn't seem as spooky. Thoughts?

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Ah! I had a friend send me that Gif a couple days ago - I was wondering if he made it from scratch (He's that kind of guy.)

I gots absolutely no clue how you'd accomplish this. I'm sure someone here likely knows the secret sauce to make it happen but I can't imagine it'll be easy. And yet you've unlocked the door to my curiosity! ;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I was thinking about how it would work while i was watching. It would be totally doable depending on what you wanted it to do. Have someone hiding behind the wall and people could ask questions and maybe use a program that you could type the letter on a key bored and the corresponding light would come on. I'm sure there's controllers out there that could make this easy.

that site is pretty awesome.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maybe the same kind of controller people use to sync their Christmas lights to music? There are a lot of places that sell those now, and the simpler ones aren't horribly expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts