Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made my own green laser vortex tunnel. Not sure why it looks like it's got a weird flash-like effect going on, it doesn't do that in person. I also made some "Beware" and "Do not enter" signs that will hang on the outside walls. This was a trial, I'm not putting it out till Halloween night.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Helicopter blades, fans, propellers, etc will all do the same thing. The fps of your camera is slower than the rpm on the laser so it records choppy. Awesome effect though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's how I built mine.

I started with a project box from Radio Shack, a 12v computer fan, a small mirror, epoxy/superglue, a green laser pointer, battery boxes (2 'C' for the laser and an 8 'AA' for the fan), rubber bands,switches, wiring and a third hand rig.

I wanted mine to be battery powered so it would be portable.

1: I epoxied the mirror at a slight angle to front of the fan. After that was dry I super-glued the fan to the top end of the box. Make sure these dry thoroughly.
photo 1 (1).jpg

2: Then I cut some holes in the project box. 2 for switches on the top (the first one was too big so I switched to the other side), 1 for the third hand attachment, a few for wire running and some on the sides to rubber-band the batteries in place.

3: I soldered all the wiring together and installed the batteries. With the laser, you will need one wire on the coil inside and one on the body.
photo 1 (2).jpg

photo 3 (1).jpg

4: I attached the laser to the third hand. The third hand is NOT necessary, but it makes it easy to adjust angles. As long as the laser hits the mirror it will make a tunnel/vortex.

photo 3 (2).jpg
photo 2 (3).jpg

edit* thi mini hose clamp is to keep the button pressed in. You could also use rubber bands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts