Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a friend that knows I'm into tombstones and such send me an email with pics of tombstones she had found while on the internet and thought I'd share. Might see some of these in someones haunt someday?! Maybe even Terra might want to take on one or two of these!;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think there are a couple of groups on Flickr that share photos of strange and ornate tombstones. I can't remember the name of the one I found but there were pages upon pages of this kinda stuff, some of it is great inspiration for yard haunts.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Thanks for sharing!! I love the one with the couple. And the scrabble. I always wonder what people were like when I take my cemetery trips, and wonder what types of things they were interested in, that would clear it all up lol :) Until I put together a sentence like "all lost inside" then i would bawl my eyes out and probably say i prefered plain stones.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Thanks, Johnny, love the ones with the lifesize people. That might make for an interesting thread, "What would your tombstone look like if you designed it?"

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
I think the scrabble one is cool. Especially the We miss you. The bottom right has an interesting combination of words. ;) I also found my own name.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Taphophilia is the love of cemeteries...the study of everything to do them, like history, symbolism, ect...
I have been collecting symbolism and photos for years...even before I knew there was such a thing. There is a website www.taphophilia.com that has stories, photos, ect..
headstone is the storybook for those buried underneath - stone speak.
Thanatology is the study of death - ways of, causes, history (executions, ect..).
Just a little bit of useless information..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts