Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a digital effect of a storm through a window. I saw one on a haunt and they said AtmosFX but I looked on their site and did not find one. Any help is appreciated, if not I guess I can make one.

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
@ShelShock thanks for asking the question and thanks @scarenoob for finding and posting a link to it. I was aware of Hi-Rez's stormy projections but not the projection that you mentioned. Looks pretty cool. Wish it was downloadable and you could buy just the scene you needed but also understand why back a few years ago that wasn't an option. This is something that I'll think about after this halloween when I'm done buying and paying for things from this year however.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You did. I merely added the link to the page.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Eh.. I was just trying to give GOS a little bit of a hard time for not going me credit for finding it. Sarcasm doesn't always come across in posts. Anyway, it's better to have the direct link here. If they ever pull that video down, no one would know where to get the dvd and we're back at square 1. So thanks for posting the direct link.

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
My bad, @scaringyou ! I had actually thought I grabbed the names of all the people to thank. Guess I didn't look closely enough to see it was you who posted all three videos including the one I was interested in. Sorry for the oversight. It's okay to shoot pumpkin seeds at me!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Lol... That's a little harsh. Besides, the only pumpkin seeds around here are roasted and salted. Way too yummy to waste. Honestly, the important thing is tracking the sources of the content and documenting it. 5 years from now someone may come here looking for a storm video to use in their haunt. Luckily for them there will be this thread to help them.

That being said, I couldn't pass up the chance to bust your chops a bit. But again, I don't think the sarcasm came through. I wasn't upset at all. But thank you for the apology. I feel bad that you did.

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
No worries. Took it as originally intended :) although I kind of liked making the offer for something like pumpkin seeds at high noon! Didn't say I wouldn't try to catch them in my mouth if shot at :D!!

As someone who has searched sometimes for things I've seen on this site or elsewhere, I love it when we have a potential link to where it was available before, who the manufacturer was, product name, UPC code and other details to help in finding it many years later, so really do appreciate having the link. The shutters banging in the wind and rain is such a cool spooky effect for a projection. I've never lived in a home with shutters that closed (have them as a decorative element on our house but they are stationary) but remember the effect from some old movies and it just sets the tone for something unnerving about to happen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts