Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been leaving my PVC dummies all assembled and leaning up in the basement. Do you all take them apart and put them away in a box or tote? I didn't use any glue when I put the PVC pipe and fittings together. I just shot some 1" drywall screws in to hold them together. The CEO, aka the wife, would like a more compact and less obtrusive solution to storing them.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I only have a couple PVC frames for skeletons, but I take them apart, and bundle each one with a rubber band as to not mix them together. Another option could be shock cord for tent poles. A small cost and the hassle of feeding it through each pipe keeps me from doing that.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a 4x4x36 box I put the PVC in. Clothes and masks I put in a tub with a lid.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I use PVC for armatures too. I disassemble everything and store the shorter pieces in plastic storage bins and all the longer pieces I store upright in a Home Depot bucket. Then I store the clothing and heads on top of the PVC in the bins. One very important thing is to LABEL EVERYTHING!!! I label each piece of PVC with what character it goes to and what part it is (ex. Igor, leg or devil, left arm) I wasn't as careful with labeling a couple of years ago and I found that once I got everything out in October I had trouble figuring out how some of the PVC frames went together.

I think it works very well and it really frees up alot of space in the garage!

·
Registered
853 Posts
I don't do anything with them. I store them sitting, standing, or posed as they were displayed. I do however cover each one with king flat sheets I get from the 2nd hand stores, so they are a colorful lot.
HM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
Diabolik
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing