Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
I think this is the year that we will FINALLY have to rent a storage unit.

*whispers* Or the attic is going to cave in!!!!!

·
Reaper Queen
8,621 Posts
I keep mine in the basement, it is piled all over the place ,have to find room for it, it'll be in two rooms, my basement isn't used much except for storage, good thing, I here ya Diabolik, hauling it up and down, is a killer, not getting any younger! LOL!

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
^^^Agreed liuoliveira, the state of the economy isn't my fault ;)! Have a set number of bins/containers that all my stuff has to fit into, and it looks like I'm going to have to take a serious look at downsizing to make it this year. Sheesh, anybody got any of the Halloween beer left?

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
I finally got it up! The halloween stuff that is............ My friend Pumpkinmass and I stored everything at my house this year. Tired of lugging that stuff over year after year. We stored them in the upstairs of the crypt ( shed ) 11 totes and one coffin. And i still have a little more. I guess we are going to have to get rid of some of that Christmas stuff. LOL And still working on props! For next year anyway...

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
946 Posts
I need more totes!! Why have I seen ZIPPO at target this year? I didnt even see them out at all...last year they were black and orange!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
While I didn't buy much of anything this year, I built some sizeable gravestones and 4 wall panels. I am now at my limit in terms of storage, at least for any larger things. I'd like to change up my theme next year but the thoughts of having to buy/make different themed props is daunting. I seriously need to look into some alternative storage situation, especially for my larger things.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My wife talked me into renting a storage unit this year. I didn’t like the idea at first but not having to take things apart will save a lot of time next year. Plus I have enough room for other stuff and the garage has never been cleaner. Good call on her part.

·
Registered
93 Posts
We're blessed with a separate 2-car garage that happens to have an extended room off the back (thanks to the efforts of the previous owner). In other words, that back room is used SOLELY for Halloween stuff and we store a LOT back there!

I think that when we move to our next house (which could happen in the next year or so) we're going to look specifically for a place that has a suitable yard for a good haunt and appropriate storage space. :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
We use the transparent plastic ones... The orange and black are neat, but with all the various bits and pieces we have, it helps to be able to see what's inside while all the bins are stacked together.

·
Registered
351 Posts
:)It takes alot to truck it from my house to my mother inlaws were I do the display. it takes over 4 truck lots to bring back and forth. We keep it all in the unfinished basement . still have a little more room to fill.:D

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
Yeah, I buy new stuff every year. I'm moving this month so my daughter was pushing me this weekend to get rid of some of my stuff....so I cleared out a bunch of clothes and purses and shoes...but NOT my Halloween, that stuff is off limits!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Same here with the space problem for storage. I was reading what you guys wrote about the bins......one other thing I'd like to mention that is helpful, last year Jerry packed all the halloween stuff away so things got put in boxes & this year I had a rough time finding things.

I'm getting ready to break down everything & I'm gonna do it the way I do my Christmas stuff. I take a section of stuff & it all goes in one box so when I pull that box to decorate, everything I need to complete whatever I'm working on is in that box. It sure helps me to get things done quicker.

As far as storage, the plan this year is to build the large pieces. Spookzilla will hopefully teach Jerry how to build a mauseleum & the hearse is being talked about.......Spookzilla was saying her would like one for his yard too. We still have room in the garage so we can handle some big things.

We also have to build more pillars for the cemetery fence & they take up some room. But we're doin ok here altho I will share my halloween stuff is all over the house,....... under the beds, in the closets, in the laundry room, in the basement, in the garage, in the shed......I mean its a wonder that we get it all up just by finding everything.

The only thing we did not find this year was my halloween village, I know when he was moving boxes it must have gotten shifted over with the xmas stuff. I know we got a little over 60 boxes of xmas stuff, thats boxes ranging from big to small but 3 yrs. ago we counted them & thats what we had. Last year I bought a lot after xmas so there was more boxes.

My little shopping spree the other day added 2 more halloween boxes!!lol

I say we all have a project called>>>>>>Building a Halloween Storage Shed!!

Muf

1 - 20 of 23 Posts