Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a bunch of the tombstones from Walmart. They are very light so I am guessing hey are made of styrofoam or something. I haven't put them out yet because I am affraid they will get ruined. However with the weather here, even if I wait til last minute to put them out I am sure they'll get rained on. Does anyone else use these? How do they do in the rain?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have some that I got from Walmart and Walgreens and have used them for several years. They always seem to get rained on. They seem to hold up fine, so I would'nt worry.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I had to set one of mine back up today in the rain. It is one of the 3/$10 from WalGreens and the paint washed off onto my hands. I don't think it would have if I hadn't touched them tho'

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,862 Posts
I've had walgreens tombstones for about 4 years now, and they do fine in rain.

The styrofoam is waterproof, but the paint may rub off if you start messing with them even if they aren't wet.

·
Registered
574 Posts
This years cheap Target stones seem to be shedding their paint in the rain. The two I have, "RIP" and "I'll be back" are white bead foam covered in a cheap grey paint. I'll probably have to re-paint them before the big day.

I've had stones from Wal-Mart for several years. Other than some paint loss on the oldest ones at the very bottom where they are in contact with the ground, the paint on them looks like new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts