Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought some Plastic Halloween fencing for a graveyard, it's not the sturdiest thing in the world but i liked the design. i am having a hard time staking them into the ground though, any suggestions? i have 2 different sets, one set is about a foot tall and easy to steak into the ground the other fence is about 4 feet tall and i can't seem to get it steak for more then an inch into the ground, I'm in Florida so the soil consists mostly of clay that tends to harden when packed real tight.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Two possibles I could think of...

Wet the ground down in the area you are trying to stick the posts for the fence. If it's wet, it might go in easier, and then when it dries it will hold the fence in place.

Or

Get some dowels, stakes or metal shafts and figure out where the fence posts will match up, and hammer those in and tie or otherwise attach your fence to the guide posts.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Two possibles I could think of...

Wet the ground down in the area you are trying to stick the posts for the fence. If it's wet, it might go in easier, and then when it dries it will hold the fence in place.

Or

Get some dowels, stakes or metal shafts and figure out where the fence posts will match up, and hammer those in and tie or otherwise attach your fence to the guide posts.
Both ideas sound good, i will try wetting the ground first.

Thanks

Registered
Rebar that they use for concrete work works well too, our lumber place will cut it for you to whatever legnth you like. It's easier to drive into the ground, won't bend when you wack it like the plastic and wood does. I have broken plastic stakes even with a rubber hammer.

Registered
put i drill bit in a powerdrill thats the same as what u are puting down and drill in the ground the depth u want,, thats what i did with mine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts