Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In trying to provide a link to Stolloween's website for a member, I discovered that Stolloween has been conducting a papier mache workshop. How cool. Looks like April's have sold out and he says they're closing in May (? Permanently..?) but thought I'd post the link to the workshop page for anyone else it might interest. Some projects and videos are posted there as well.

http://www.stolloween.com

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,024 Posts
here is what there face book page says

Hope everyone is having a great April.

There is a lot happening at the studio this month.

First I must announce that we are closing the studio on May 17th. The last two years have been great and I would not trade any of it for the world but realistically the studio does not make sense financially.

I thank everyone that has dared to walk through the doors and joined in on our prop building adventures, many of you have become good friends and I’m sure we will continue the adventures.

There are two workshops happening in April. The first starts next Tuesday, April 7th and is a combination Creepy Clown or Pumpkin class. Currently, there are only two seats left so let me know if you want to attend. The second class is our final Zombie workshop and has filled.

Online training is on hold until I have wrapped up the studio closure, and quite honestly it will depend on what my schedule looks like in the coming months.

Sometime toward the end of April, I will be having an auction or sale of many of the pieces displayed in the studio. At last count, I have over 100 papier mache pieces that I will be selling off along with some of the studio fixtures…details to be announced.

Finally, I would stress that this isn’t the end, I still love Halloween and papier mache and look forward to creating new works and engaging with the haunt community.

The next month is going to be very busy as in addition to running the final workshops and clearing the studio I will also be starting a job search looking for that unique position that can benefit from my particular skill sets, so if you know of anyone that is looking for a papier mache prop/television production guy please let me know.

Thanks again to everyone that has supported the studio, it was an awesome ride.

Keep the adventure going!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,604 Posts
Would LOVE to attend some day.

Why can't some of this stuff be closer?

Gotta know more about the closing.
I thought that some of the workshops were online & you could participate anywhere if you had a camera & mic hooked up to your puter or whatever device.

Ah....after checking out his site I see that the online workshops are in the past, back in February. But they still seemed cool anyway.

Online Workshops Require:

-A computer with high-speed internet access and a webcam, microphone, and headphones. (Please use headphones to reduce feedback)

-Access to materials required to make paper clay including flour, cellulose insulation, and drywall joint compound.

Online Workshops Offer:

-Complete listing of tools and materials.

-Project templates. (If Applicable)

-Four live webcam sessions.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,604 Posts
And I'm TOTALLY stealing his idea for the houses he has on the site.

We've always wanted a Christmas village & the only way we're going to get the one we have pictured in our brains is to make it & while they won't look exactly like Scott's, I'll use his techniques.

I've bought a couple of things from him in the last 2 years or so, 2 bats & one pumpkin, & they're awesome, sturdy & you'd never know they were just mache. I even had some breakage on some of the pieces & he sent a new one & gave a refund. That's how I ended up with 2 bats.

I'd love to have a bigger piece, someone keep us updated on the eventual sale.

Best of luck in whatever you end up doing Scott!

·
Super Moderator
5,677 Posts
I thought that some of the workshops were online & you could participate anywhere if you had a camera & mic hooked up to your puter or whatever device.
That would require some level of computing competence on my part. I guess the laptop technically HAS those things, or at least a camera in the lid which MUST be for calling/talking to people. Do I know how to use? pfft.

Definitely will be watching for this sale...

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,604 Posts
That's ok, I just realized I never set my voicemail on my cell that I've had for about a year! It just had the default number recording so tonite I finally added my name.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Hate to hear that the studio is closing. I hope the online classes will return in the future. Right now the only internet we can get at our house runs about $80 a month which is more than we can afford right now. DSL is available two miles away, so the neighbors and I keep bugging the phone company to get it to us. And honestly with a 7 week old, I couldn't manage a workshop now if I wanted to.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
I think I speak for everyone when I say we want pictures. :D (sorry if I missed them somewhere)
Have two in my album and will post more soon. I've been slacking! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts