Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my progress so far, on my first homemade prop for 2009. It is inspired by the JOL's on STOLLOWEEN . For anyone thinking about trying it, I totally recommend it. It's fun and easy and VERY inexpensive =)

Hopefully I'll get the rest of the clay on him this weekend. I'll post more pictures as I go along:D

A

·
0 Posts
Very nice Curlgoddess ... looks great! Keep us posted, we all LOVE pics :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
It is turning out great...can't wait to see the finished product. Are you going to make anymore to go with him?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Did you use the clay recipe found on the Stolloween site, or is it just a craft clay? Once i start my ground breaker, i may give this project a try as well :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you use the clay recipe found on the Stolloween site, or is it just a craft clay? Once i start my ground breaker, i may give this project a try as well :)
I just used air hardening modeling clay. It seems to be working out well and it's easy to work with, but I'd still like to try the recipe on the Stolloween site, just to see how it differs.

Post pics if you give it a try :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is turning out great...can't wait to see the finished product. Are you going to make anymore to go with him?
Yes, I plan to eventually, but since I've started working with the paper mache and the modeling clay (this is really my first time making anything with either), I've sketched out 3 other creations that I want to make using the same method, so I'll be starting on them next :) This project has unleashed my creative monster :eek:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That looks awesome. You are making really great progress! :cool:

Eric

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He looks very menacing!! love it. About how long did it take to make from start to finish??
I've been working on it on and off for about a month. If I had worked on it a little bit every night, I probably could have finished him in about a week or two... that's taking drying time for the paper mache and the modeling clay into accoung =) Glad you like it! :D

1 - 20 of 59 Posts