Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Almost finished with the stirring witch. Here's a short video of a test run today. I still need to tweak her appearance a bit (paint her hands) and see about smoothing out the shoulders without making her look like a linebacker. I'll try to get a night video with the green LEDs lighting the fogged cauldron.

Witchtest1.flv video by Otaku1031 - Photobucket

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys! Yeah, Dollar Tree has some bargains. I took out the white LEDs and soldered in some ultrabright greens. I may cut in a flicker circuit from a tea light.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
How did you get the speed up so fast? Most I have seen are a lot slower. It looks like a great prop.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Nice movement! a few tweaks on her appearance (you're right about her shoulders) and you're going to have one awesome prop! Our stirring witch with cauldron has been a standard and beloved part of our display since 2005. I'm sure yours will be as well!

I'm hoping xpendable does a good job with his 3 axis witch so we can steal the idea and move up to the next generation of the scarefx witch with servos!

MsM

·
Mistress of Mayhem
1,673 Posts
Looks AWESOME Otaku !!! I might have to try to put one of these together for next year. NOT - I am all thumbs when it comes to mechanical stuff. :cool:

Maybe an easy fix for the shoulders is simply a shroud from her head to her neckline? Like a shawl, but from her head.

Edit: After watching it again I see she already has a shroud. Maybe you could just flare it out a bit?

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Edit: After watching it again I see she already has a shroud. Maybe you could just flare it out a bit?
Good advice! I tried shifting/flaring the shawl around and that fixed the square shoulders. It broke up the angles nicely. Now she looks like a hunch-backed old crone, just like I pictured her.

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks! I have the orange string lights, but haven't set up a flicker circuit for them yet. Right now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to power all this new stuff. The witch display alone will need five new outlets. I think I'm gonna run out of amps this year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts