Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our version of the "stirring witch" prop, tweaked to fit our 2007 clown / midway themed haunt. Used windshield wiper motor for main movement, with a secondary motor recycled from a Christmas reindeer turning the head. Eyes were from ACC, inserted into a cheapie dollar store mask repainted as a dirty clown...

YouTube - "Rotten Candy" - Stirring Clown Prop

Have seen a few discussions about trying to do something different than the witch- just giving an example of what else can be done using the basic ideas.

·
Registered
591 Posts
That mask looks so real like grease paint.So I have a stirring witch and I don't get that smooth of movement;So how did you do that have any pics of the linkage?Because I don't a rebuild this month of the linkage area(burned out motor) but I didn't get that smooth of a movement before.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
daddywoofdawg - I'll try to recreate the linkage tonight or tomorrow night and post pics, but basically it was mounting the wiper motor so the turning spindle was at the center of the rotten candy bucket, screwing a flat piece of flat scrap metal (which was just long enough to almost reach the side of the bucket) to that center hub and then screwing a dowel that goes up through the hollowed out bone that the hands connected to. The dowel was tight against the metal piece, but was allowed to turn freely inside the bone. Might sound complicated, but its not- I know pics will clear up any questions.

Scatterbrains - the head turning was just a back and forth x-mas reindeer motor screwed to the pvc body, which had a styrofoam wig head screwed into the moving part of the motor. If you want, I can try to rebuild it and take pics as well.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Scatterbrains - the head turning was just a back and forth x-mas reindeer motor screwed to the pvc body, which had a styrofoam wig head screwed into the moving part of the motor. If you want, I can try to rebuild it and take pics as well.
that would be awesome...I've got styrofoam heads and reindeer motors...just need to know how to put them together.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wow! Nice job! I like his expression and his face looks so real.

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Great job! That is freakin scary and the motions are realistic.
This prop is begging for some distorted circus-like background music.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I WANT HIM!!!!!!! I love scary clowns!!!! I would love to add something like that to my clown section but I am TERRIBLE at the whole motor getting things to move thingy!!LOL!!! GREAT JOB!!! Want to make me one????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts