Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about buying some stilts to make myself a little taller and thus a little more intimidating for Halloween. Anybody ever use them and if so what ones do you recommend? Im only looking to boost myself up about 6 inches or so and be able to hide them under a costume pretty well. Thanks!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,856 Posts
I would check out drywalling stilts as well.

There is a guy at one of the professional haunted houses that uses these, and he is REALLY great on them. It looks like they are more stable than some of the other ones I've seen as well.

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
I would check out drywalling stilts as well.

There is a guy at one of the professional haunted houses that uses these, and he is REALLY great on them. It looks like they are more stable than some of the other ones I've seen as well.
Drywalling stilts are usually DuraStilts, and they are great for drywalling (limited movement, small steps, perfectly flat surface, etc), but that's about it. Ask anyone who has walked in both. For costuming, go with spring stilts.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If your only looking to boost yourself up 6 inces what about boots?
That's what I'm doing. But for $35 you can get Frankenstein style monster boots with 5" platforms.

But if you want stilts, I would go with the springy ones as well. Have you seen what you can do with those?? It's downright crazy! Search youtube for "Jumping stilts" and have a look. Of course, you don't have to do the stunts these guys do, but you can still bounce and jump around in them creating a crazy effect!

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
My dad found 2 pair of drywall stilts over the summer and he's bringing them up to use in our haunt this year. Can't wait!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i am a stiltwalker in myrtle beach, they are not the easiest thing to learn how to use and falling sucks, but it's a great job! i actually NEED ideas for a contest here, the 1st place gets $2500, 2nd 1500, 3rd 1000!!! if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. keep in mind i walk around on stilts at approx 12 ft tall

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
One time my friend had a big long cloak, he just nailed a couple wooden blocks together and tied them around his boots. But if the yard isn't quite smooth be careful... lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have drywall stilts, they adjust from 20-40" i will be walking on them at 20" will make me 92 inches tall. i have drawn up an ironman costume but i am still looking for other ideas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts